Monitor or video card going bad?

December 22, 2004 9:44:30 AM

How do I tell the difference if my monitor or my video card is going bad? My
symptoms are: ghosts, lines on lines of text, like in email, a hi-lighted
line of text will show a gray shadow-ghost across the entire screen. Reds
have that bright fuzzy glow about them, like an old TV going bad. I hope it
my monitor not my video card, because I have a Compaq and the video cards
are integrated into the motherboard. (I have updated my driver)

More about : monitor video card bad

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 22, 2004 4:20:55 PM

"Richard130" wrote:
> How do I tell the difference if my monitor or my video card is
> going bad? My
> symptoms are: ghosts, lines on lines of text, like in email, a
> hi-lighted
> line of text will show a gray shadow-ghost across the entire
> screen. Reds
> have that bright fuzzy glow about them, like an old TV going
> bad. I hope it
> my monitor not my video card, because I have a Compaq and the
> video cards
> are integrated into the motherboard. (I have updated my
> driver)

Most likely it is the video card ( sorry ) but one way to find out is
to try a different monitor and see if you have the same problem. John

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Video-Monitor-card-bad-fto...