Video capture - analog vs. dv - any quality issues

I have an analog video camera and my computer has a firewire port. Trying to
decide if I should buy an analog capture card, or a digital video camera. Is
there any quality difference between nalog capture and dv?
1 answer Last reply
More about video capture analog quality issues

    "wondering_newb" wrote:
    > I have an analog video camera and my computer has a firewire
    > port. Trying to
    > decide if I should buy an analog capture card, or a digital
    > video camera. Is
    > there any quality difference between nalog capture and dv?

    You can by a good qulity pci video capture card for $50 or less or a
    usb type for around $80. They will do a good job of capturing analog
    video. If you don’t have any video editing software Pinnicile offers
    a software and capture card combo. The MS movie maker2 that comes
    with XP is OK, nice place to start. Digitialvideo careras are nice,
    great video quality, most will convert analog video to digitial so it
    can be captured by a firewire (IEEE1394) port. The one thing that
    the camera will to that the cards won’t is convert digitial video back
    to analog so it can be recorded on a vcr. John

    --
    http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
    Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Video-capture-analog-dv-quality-issues-ftopict240709.html

Video Video Capture Cameras Windows XP