Anyone used Acronis True Image 9.0 yet?

Are there any major improvements (from a real-life point of view - not
those expressed by Acronis on their website) over previous versions?

Odie
--
Retrodata
www.retrodata.co.uk

    Odie Ferrous wrote:
    > Are there any major improvements (from a real-life point of view - not
    > those expressed by Acronis on their website) over previous versions?
    >

    > Odie
    > --
    > Retrodata
    > www.retrodata.co.uk
    > Globally Local Data Recovery Experts

    Hi!
    Look here:
    It's really amazing. People are already exchanging screenshots there:)
    I bought an ATI 9 upgrade and it works pretty good: I thought It just
    can't be faster but it really is. And what I like a new option appears
    that helps add a new HDD to PC and even partition it.

    <sharlperoh@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Odie Ferrous wrote:
    >> Are there any major improvements (from a real-life point of view - not
    >> those expressed by Acronis on their website) over previous versions?
    >>

    >> Odie
    >
    > Hi!
    > Look here:
    > http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14403089
    > It's really amazing. People are already exchanging screenshots there:)
    > I bought an ATI 9 upgrade and it works pretty good: I thought It just
    > can't be faster but it really is. And what I like a new option appears
    > that helps add a new HDD to PC and even partition it.

    Can True Image now clone individual partitions and put the clone
    on a HD that already contains other partitions like Casper XP can?
    (I'm not talking about making an "image" file, I'm talking about
    making a bootable clone.)

    *TimDaniels*

    Timothy Daniels wrote:

    > <sharlperoh@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > Odie Ferrous wrote:
    > >> Are there any major improvements (from a real-life point of view - not
    > >> those expressed by Acronis on their website) over previous versions?
    > >>

    > >> Odie
    > >
    > > Hi!
    > > Look here:
    > > http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14403089
    > > It's really amazing. People are already exchanging screenshots there:)
    > > I bought an ATI 9 upgrade and it works pretty good: I thought It just
    > > can't be faster but it really is. And what I like a new option appears
    > > that helps add a new HDD to PC and even partition it.
    >
    > Can True Image now clone individual partitions and put the clone
    > on a HD that already contains other partitions like Casper XP can?
    > (I'm not talking about making an "image" file, I'm talking about
    > making a bootable clone.)
    >
    > *TimDaniels*

    That's the sort of info I want.

    Not from someone who sounds as though they have shares in the company,
    or from something that sounds like advertising blurb - has anyone
    credible actually used it yet?

    Odie
    --

    Timothy Daniels <TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote:
    > <sharlperoh@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Odie Ferrous wrote:
    >>> Are there any major improvements (from a real-life point of view -
    >>> not those expressed by Acronis on their website) over previous
    >>> versions? Odie
    >>
    >> Hi!
    >> Look here:
    >> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14403089
    >> It's really amazing. People are already exchanging screenshots
    >> there:) I bought an ATI 9 upgrade and it works pretty good: I
    >> thought It just can't be faster but it really is. And what I like a
    >> new option appears that helps add a new HDD to PC and even partition
    >> it.

    > Can True Image now clone individual partitions and put the clone
    > on a HD that already contains other partitions like Casper XP can?

    Doesnt look like it from the manual which is available for download.

    The free trial is available for download too.

    It does however have a new fast restore which
    reduces the need to do what you want to do.

    Quite an interesting approach in many ways, it restores the OS
    files first, keeps track of what files the user trys to access once
    the restored OS is run, while the rest of the files are being restored
    in the background, and gets the ones the user is trying to use first.

    > (I'm not talking about making an "image" file, I'm talking about making a
    > bootable clone.)

    Its always been a primitive way to do backup.

    "Rod Speed" wrote:
    > The free trial is available for download too.

    The current free trial download may not have the
    new features in it, yet.

    > It does however have a new fast restore which
    > reduces the need to do what you want to do.

    But not faster than a reboot.

    >> (I'm not talking about making an "image" file, I'm talking
    >> about making a bootable clone.)
    >
    > Its always been a primitive way to do backup.

    It *is* primitive, but hey!, I'm a primitive guy with
    immediate needs, and clones require the least
    IQ to be back up and running after a hard drive
    failure or a system file mangulation.

    *TimDaniels*

    "Timothy Daniels" <TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote in news:yI-
    dnWIiQckbSazeRVn-1Q@comcast.com:

    > The current free trial download may not have the
    > new features in it, yet.

    I think you are confusing 'trial download' with some form of pre-
    release edition eg an alpha or beta test version. The latter are
    sometimes not feature-complete, but the former usually has all of
    the features but is limited in some other way to get you to pay the
    licence fee.

    You also appear to be confusing Rod Speed with humanity; don't
    waste your time arguing with the Rodbot. It habitually resorts to
    ad hominen debate when it's losing.

    "McSpreader" wrote:
    > "Timothy Daniels" wrote:
    >

    >> The current free trial download may not have the
    >> new features in it, yet.
    >>
    > I think you are confusing 'trial download' with some form of pre-
    > release edition eg an alpha or beta test version. The latter are
    > sometimes not feature-complete, but the former usually has all of
    > the features but is limited in some other way to get you to pay the
    > licence fee.

    No, I realize that the free trial version is missing a feature or two
    that are in the purchased version. But there is also no statement
    that the current free trial version includes or excludes the *new*
    features that characterize version 9.

    > You also appear to be confusing Rod Speed with humanity; don't
    > waste your time arguing with the Rodbot. It habitually resorts to
    > ad hominen debate when it's losing.

    I realize Rod is a sock puppet, and I only banter with it - as one
    would with a child. But the hand up its butt does occasionally
    share good information, and so it's worth listening to.

    *TimDaniels*

    Odie Ferrous <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Timothy Daniels wrote:
    >>
    >> <sharlperoh@gmail.com> wrote:

    >>> Hi!
    >>> Look here:
    >>> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14403089
    >>> It's really amazing. People are already exchanging screenshots
    >>> there:) I bought an ATI 9 upgrade and it works pretty good: I
    >>> thought It just can't be faster but it really is. And what I like a
    >>> new option appears that helps add a new HDD to PC and even
    >>> partition it.
    >>
    >> Can True Image now clone individual partitions and put the clone
    >> on a HD that already contains other partitions like Casper XP
    >> can? (I'm not talking about making an "image" file, I'm talking
    >> about making a bootable clone.)

    > That's the sort of info I want.

    The manual and the free test drive are available for download.

    > Not from someone who sounds as though they have shares
    > in the company, or from something that sounds like advertising
    > blurb - has anyone credible actually used it yet?

    Hasnt showed up on emule yet.
  9. I bought a copy of Acronis 9.0 and used it to do a full backup of Windows ME and XP home. I backed it up to an external hard drive. I am a PowerQuest 7.0 user but was looking for an alternative backup software package since PowerQuest has been bought by Symantec. The Acronis 9.0 backed up my drive in about 2/3 of the time as the PowerQuest 7.0. However it took longer to recover. This isn't too important as you normally do many more backups than recoveries. The one thing that Acronis can do that the new Symantec Ghost cannot do is backup Windows 98,98se and Me. It works great doing this. I changed a PCI card in my old Windows ME computer to allow me to use USB2 instead of the old USB 1.1 that was originally in there. I can backup that computer in about 20 min. The one odd thing that you have to do when making a recovery Acronis cd is to leave the door open on your burner. Let the Acronis program close the door and you will not have a problem. If you close the door yourself you may not be able to burn a Acronis backup recovery cd.
  10. Ive been using it, and the rest of their newest stuff, for about a week now and I love it. The main reason I like the newer version, is that it supports my new controller.

    TiReZ

Hardware Data Recovery Storage