Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Inexpensive US Data Recovery Services

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Data Recovery
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
Share
September 22, 2005 2:12:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

by inexpensive i mean under 700$. All i really need to
recover is 200 MB PST file. THE HD is spinning up but i can't access
any data on it. It's a Fujitsu 80 GB SATA laptop drive.

Thanx

More about : inexpensive data recovery services

Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 22, 2005 6:30:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:12:15 -0400, asdf wrote:

> by inexpensive i mean under 700$. All i really need to
> recover is 200 MB PST file. THE HD is spinning up but i can't access
> any data on it. It's a Fujitsu 80 GB SATA laptop drive.
>
> Thanx

You should give SpinRite a shot: <http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm&gt;
$89.00 bucks for a first-time purchase.

--

-Jeff B.
zoomie at fastmail dot fm
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 22, 2005 6:53:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

asdf, 9/21/2005, <%qoYe.2079$Xa.1779@fe12.lga>,10:12:15 PM, wrote:

> by inexpensive i mean under 700$. All i really need to
> recover is 200 MB PST file. THE HD is spinning up but i can't access
> any data on it. It's a Fujitsu 80 GB SATA laptop drive.
>
> Thanx

Is it a version of Windows? If NTFS file system you might be able to
use NTFSDOS to recover that file by copying it to another hard drive.
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NtfsDos.html

--
"You've just one problem. You stand too close to the ball after you've
hit it." -- Sam Snead
Related resources
September 22, 2005 6:53:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

i guess i should've explained my problem a bit more.
I can't even access my drive at all. I can see it in BIOS but not much more.
Tried ERD and BARTPE but can't see any folder or files on the drive.
That's why i don't think that any software program will help. I need
physical
recovery at this point

"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:xn0e7iqp71gmwxd004@news.readfreenews.net...
> asdf, 9/21/2005, <%qoYe.2079$Xa.1779@fe12.lga>,10:12:15 PM, wrote:
>
> > by inexpensive i mean under 700$. All i really need to
> > recover is 200 MB PST file. THE HD is spinning up but i can't access
> > any data on it. It's a Fujitsu 80 GB SATA laptop drive.
> >
> > Thanx
>
> Is it a version of Windows? If NTFS file system you might be able to
> use NTFSDOS to recover that file by copying it to another hard drive.
> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NtfsDos.html
>
> --
> "You've just one problem. You stand too close to the ball after you've
> hit it." -- Sam Snead
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 22, 2005 6:53:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

If you see "Disk # / Basic" or partitions in Disk Managment the drive is not toast.
In this case the MBR is readable, but the volume is corrupt or has bad sectors.

I would start with manufacturer's diagnostics before spending any money.

"asdf" <asdf9sadf@dha-234.com> wrote in message news:6PpYe.815$dl2.78@fe08.lga...
> i guess i should've explained my problem a bit more.
> I can't even access my drive at all. I can see it in BIOS but not much more.
> Tried ERD and BARTPE but can't see any folder or files on the drive.
> That's why i don't think that any software program will help. I need
> physical
> recovery at this point
>
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 22, 2005 6:14:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

asdf <asdf9sadf@dha-234.com> wrote

> i guess i should've explained my problem a bit more.
> I can't even access my drive at all. I can see it in BIOS
> but not much more. Tried ERD and BARTPE but can't
> see any folder or files on the drive.

The better file recovery software can fine the file
by searching for headers that specific files have,
so they dont need any directory or file info at all.

Corse if the file is fragmented, you may not get anything
more than the first fragment but with an NTFS formatted
drive, there is more than just fragments involved.

> That's why i don't think that any software program will help.

You're wrong on that.

> I need physical recovery at this point

Nope, that is what you need if no software
can read anything or it doesnt spin up etc.

> "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:xn0e7iqp71gmwxd004@news.readfreenews.net...
>> asdf, 9/21/2005, <%qoYe.2079$Xa.1779@fe12.lga>,10:12:15 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> by inexpensive i mean under 700$. All i really need to
>>> recover is 200 MB PST file. THE HD is spinning up but i can't access
>>> any data on it. It's a Fujitsu 80 GB SATA laptop drive.
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>
>> Is it a version of Windows? If NTFS file system you might be able to
>> use NTFSDOS to recover that file by copying it to another hard drive.
>> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NtfsDos.html
>>
>> --
>> "You've just one problem. You stand too close to the ball after
>> you've hit it." -- Sam Snead
April 26, 2008 4:52:19 PM

Man i got completely ripped off by a few different pieces of software that wouldn't even access my disk. I sent my drive to http://www.drivefish.com and they had ALL of my 260 gigs recovered for $199 (which i was skeptical of in the first place!) I tell all my co-workers and friends to not bother with software that could mess up your data further...Data recovery is no longer so expensive people like us cant afford it. Anyway -- hope this helps someone.
December 15, 2008 4:38:48 PM

I also sent my hard drive to drivefish.com after I had been quoted around $2000 by some other local companies in san diego that apple had referred me to. I was a bit skepital at first but this company is amazing!!! I emailed them after the 5 days they said it would be assess in to see how it was going and they promptly called me back to update me with the status. I had indicated that the picture files were the most important to me (I had spent 6 months abroad without backing anything up! stupid me!) and of course they were the ones having trouble recovering. They said they would keep working on it and let me know. Today they called me and told me they had recovered everything on my hard drive! Amazing seeing that others told me nothing could be recovered or they would recovered it for $2000! I would highly recommend this company to anyone, their price is unbeatable, they are professional and prompt with letting you know the status of the hard drive and they amount of work they put in to recover everything is simply amazing!! I am so happy with them, I will recommend them to anyone!
!