Explorer needs to restart when viewing folders with .avi f..

I have a collection of video files on a slave drive. Everytime I access the
folder with the .avi files explorer errors out (Windows Explorer has
encountered a problem and needs to close). The error signature info has
ModName: xvid.dll. Could there be something wrong with my codec? Or can
windows not handle the thumbnail view with .avi files?
2 answers Last reply
More about explorer restart viewing folders

    "Bill Maxwell" wrote:

    > I have a collection of video files on a slave drive. Everytime I access the
    > folder with the .avi files explorer errors out (Windows Explorer has
    > encountered a problem and needs to close). The error signature info has
    > ModName: xvid.dll. Could there be something wrong with my codec? Or can
    > windows not handle the thumbnail view with .avi files?

Video AVI Explorer Windows XP