VirtualDub: edit a frame

Hi

When I open my movie in VirtualDub, I can copy a frame from the movie
to the clipboard and paste it in Paint Shop Pro to edit it.

Is it possible to paste the edited frame back into my movie
overwriting the frame that I copied in the output movie?

Veerle

veerleverbr@hotmail.com (Veerle) wrote in message news:<16c55915.0403290119.753c8036@posting.google.com>...

> When I open my movie in VirtualDub, I can copy a frame from the movie
> to the clipboard and paste it in Paint Shop Pro to edit it.
> Is it possible to paste the edited frame back into my movie
> overwriting the frame that I copied in the output movie?

You really have single, bad frames? Okay... I believe you :)

I can't see any reason why you can't do this, but you will have to
save all of your edits, including the new frame(s) as AVI segments and
open them all again in VirtualDub with "File" > "Append AVI Segment".
I haven't actually tried this, so you better try a short test, first
(it should work fine). Obviously, if you are doing anything but short
movie segments, it would probably be easier to use a NLE to do this:

1. From PSP, save the new frame(s) as numbered BMP's (like
"frame1.bmp", "frame2.bmp", etc).

2. Open those frames one at at time in VirtualDub and save them as avi
files (like "newframe1.avi", "newframe2.avi", etc).

3. Save the rest of the movie up to (but not including) those bad
frames in segments. For example, if you had two bad frames, you will
end up with three segments of the original movie, excluding the bad
frames.

4. Open each new segment in the correct order with "File" > "Append
AVI Segment", i.e., "movieseg1.avi", then "newframe1.avi", then
"movieseg2.avi, then "newframe2.avi", then "movieseg3.avi".

P. K. Kid
Non-commercial stereoscopic 3D video:
(All G-Rated) http://www.PuppetKites.net

"Veerle" <veerleverbr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Use Donald Graft's Logo filter (not the internal one) to put your
picture back
http://neuron2.net/logo.html

Set alpha to 255
Starting Frame to the frame you want to replace
Duration 1
Untick transparent colur (just in case :)

regards
Simon