ME

Hi,when i go and try to burn a dvd its saying that my e drive doesnt have the
disk in it,which it does. I am using DVD + R blank disks.

Yes! I'm having the same problem! I'm wondering whether it's just the disks
I'm using maybe? I've got the Dell Inspiron 9100 with the HL-DT-ST DVD+RW
GCA-4040N D Drive and i know that it works because I've burned all sorts of
regular CD-R's before. The DVD-R's that I use are just normal Verbatim 4.7
single-sided ones, but they just don't work. Is it possible that I'm missing
some firmware or something?

"me" wrote:

> Hi,when i go and try to burn a dvd its saying that my e drive doesnt have the
> disk in it,which it does. I am using DVD + R blank disks.

The Dell Inspiron 9100 CANNOT read DVD-R or DVD-RW disks. Use DVD+R or
DVD+RW disks.
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_9100?c=us&cs=&l=en&s=dfh&
--
Cari (MS-MVP)