DVD Workshop 2 Audio problem

In Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3 you can use an mpeg file with LPCM or MPEG audio
and select to create a DVD with AC-3 audio. When it processes you see a
"converting audio" message.

If I try the same thing in DVD Workshop 2 and select High Quality (Dolby
Digital AC-3 audio) the DVD created will have retained the original audio,
whether LPCM or MPEG audio, even though AC-3 was selected. The same thing
happens in reverse, where if I use an mpeg file with AC-3 audio and want to
have the disc with MPEG or LPCM audio, even though I select LPCM audio or
MPEG audio, the disc will still have AC-3 audio, while Workshop 1.3 will
convert the audio either way.

DVD Workshop 2 does not seem to have a way to select "Do not convert
compliant files" and it appears that it is not converting any mpeg files at
all, not even the audio.

Is there a setting that I am missing so that a disc with an mpeg file
originating with MPEG or LPCM audio will be converted to AC-3 audio like
with 1.3?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Koz
2 answers Last reply
More about workshop audio problem

    You need to click the AUDIO tab - during the EDIT button step - and
    check the option to CONVERT TO DISC TEMPLATE.

    Then - when you arrive at the BURN PROJECT TO DISC menu - during the
    FINISH button step - you need to adjust the project encode settings in
    Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0 to precisely *match* the *video* properties of
    your source clip so that the video won't be unnecessarily re-encoded.

    Hope this helps,

    Jerry Jones
    http://www.jonesgroup.net

    Koz <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    > In Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3 you can use an mpeg file with LPCM or MPEG audio
    > and select to create a DVD with AC-3 audio. When it processes you see a
    > "converting audio" message.
    > If I try the same thing in DVD Workshop 2 and select High Quality (Dolby
    > Digital AC-3 audio) the DVD created will have retained the original audio,
    > whether LPCM or MPEG audio, even though AC-3 was selected. The same thing
    > happens in reverse, where if I use an mpeg file with AC-3 audio and want to
    > have the disc with MPEG or LPCM audio, even though I select LPCM audio or
    > MPEG audio, the disc will still have AC-3 audio, while Workshop 1.3 will
    > convert the audio either way.
    > DVD Workshop 2 does not seem to have a way to select "Do not convert
    > compliant files" and it appears that it is not converting any mpeg files at
    > all, not even the audio.
    > Is there a setting that I am missing so that a disc with an mpeg file
    > originating with MPEG or LPCM audio will be converted to AC-3 audio like
    > with 1.3?
    > Any advice will be much appreciated.
    > Koz

    Thank you Jerry. It now works properly.

    "Jerry Jones" <jerry@jonesgroup.net> wrote in message
    > You need to click the AUDIO tab - during the EDIT button step - and
    > check the option to CONVERT TO DISC TEMPLATE.
    >
    > Then - when you arrive at the BURN PROJECT TO DISC menu - during the
    > FINISH button step - you need to adjust the project encode settings in
    > Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0 to precisely *match* the *video* properties of
    > your source clip so that the video won't be unnecessarily re-encoded.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Jerry Jones
    > http://www.jonesgroup.net

Tuner Cards DVD MPEG Audio Graphics