MM2 Observer screen very dark

The camera is a JVC GR DVL 805 Digital movie camera. It came with a cable
that fits into the camera on 1 end and the other fits into the computer, a
fairly recently built one.

It is USB and the other is Firewire.

The thing I noticed though, is that the monitor window in MM2 shows the
images taken at night very dark, almost black, whereas on the monitor window
of the camera they were fine.

Is that attributable to MM2? The images look very normal, considering it was
taken at night, in the viewfinder and camera flip-out screen.

What might be the problem?

I am using Windows XP SP2, plenty of RAM and a separate HD for video.

see MM newsgroup for answer.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
> The camera is a JVC GR DVL 805 Digital movie camera. It came with a cable
> that fits into the camera on 1 end and the other fits into the computer, a
> fairly recently built one.
>
> It is USB and the other is Firewire.
>
> The thing I noticed though, is that the monitor window in MM2 shows the
> images taken at night very dark, almost black, whereas on the monitor
window
> of the camera they were fine.
>
> Is that attributable to MM2? The images look very normal, considering it
was
> taken at night, in the viewfinder and camera flip-out screen.
>
> What might be the problem?
>
> I am using Windows XP SP2, plenty of RAM and a separate HD for video.

And where specifically, please?
I looked at both Commercial sites, but see nothing of an answer there.

"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> see MM newsgroup for answer.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>> The camera is a JVC GR DVL 805 Digital movie camera. It came with a
>> cable
>> that fits into the camera on 1 end and the other fits into the computer,
>> fairly recently built one.
>>
>> It is USB and the other is Firewire.
>>
>> The thing I noticed though, is that the monitor window in MM2 shows the
>> images taken at night very dark, almost black, whereas on the monitor
> window
>> of the camera they were fine.
>>
>> Is that attributable to MM2? The images look very normal, considering it
> was
>> taken at night, in the viewfinder and camera flip-out screen.
>>
>> What might be the problem?
>>
>> I am using Windows XP SP2, plenty of RAM and a separate HD for video.

My answer, to the same question as posed in various newsgroups and after
various other posts, is in the moviemaker newsgroup..