How to Uninstall hacked divx codex?

Having trouble with a converted mpg (from avi) that does not play the
audio it apparently has. (Using Gspot, it says that the mpg file is
using the Ligos MPEG audio decoder codec.)

Also: when I installed Virtualdub it told me that I have some "hacked"
Divx codecs which could cause problems.

How do I uninstall those hacked codecs? Where are they found and how
do I get rid of them? (I looked in my Add/Delete Programs list and
they are not in there.)

By the way, I have no idea how I installed hacked divx codecs in the
first place...

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:48:24 GMT, MBG <miguelbg@mbg.com> wrote:

>Having trouble with a converted mpg (from avi) that does not play the
>audio it apparently has. (Using Gspot, it says that the mpg file is
>using the Ligos MPEG audio decoder codec.)
>
>Also: when I installed Virtualdub it told me that I have some "hacked"
>Divx codecs which could cause problems.

Those two things are unrelated.

If the decoder (Ligos) is being used, I cannot understand why it
doesn't sound.

As for hacked DivX, it may have to do with DivX ;) ( DivX 3.11).
VirtualDub complains, but you just don't care and go on -they cannot
in any way cause problems.

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:13:55 +0200, Bariloche
<bariloche@bariloche.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:48:24 GMT, MBG <miguelbg@mbg.com> wrote:
>
>>Having trouble with a converted mpg (from avi) that does not play the
>>audio it apparently has. (Using Gspot, it says that the mpg file is
>>using the Ligos MPEG audio decoder codec.)
>>
>>Also: when I installed Virtualdub it told me that I have some "hacked"
>>Divx codecs which could cause problems.
>
>Those two things are unrelated.
>
>If the decoder (Ligos) is being used, I cannot understand why it
>doesn't sound.
>
>As for hacked DivX, it may have to do with DivX ;) ( DivX 3.11).
>VirtualDub complains, but you just don't care and go on -they cannot
>in any way cause problems.
Thanks for the info.