I want to know what is better to use, DVI connection or Analog connection. If
i could get some explanation on how it's better, it would greatly help.
Thanks

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

DVI is digital

Analog is analog.

DVI is better - assuming your video card has the connector and your monitor
supports it.

"manu08" <manu08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know what is better to use, DVI connection or Analog connection.
>If
> i could get some explanation on how it's better, it would greatly help.
> Thanks

But then how come it's supposed to be that higher the refresh rate better the
performance and with DVI i get max of 60HZ but with analog i get 80HZ?

"Jerry" wrote:

> DVI is digital
>
> Analog is analog.
>
> DVI is better - assuming your video card has the connector and your monitor
> supports it.
>
> "manu08" <manu08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to know what is better to use, DVI connection or Analog connection.
> >If
> > i could get some explanation on how it's better, it would greatly help.
> > Thanks

Flat TFT monitors have DVI inputs. There is no electron beam on those
monitors like there is
on CRTs therefore refresh rate on TFTs is of no importants.

> But then how come it's supposed to be that higher the refresh rate better
> the
> performance and with DVI i get max of 60HZ but with analog i get 80HZ?
>
> "Jerry" wrote:
>
>> DVI is digital
>>
>> Analog is analog.
>>
>> DVI is better - assuming your video card has the connector and your
>> monitor
>> supports it.
>>
>> "manu08" <manu08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to know what is better to use, DVI connection or Analog
>> >connection.
>> >If
>> > i could get some explanation on how it's better, it would greatly help.
>> > Thanks

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Then explain why the owner's manual on my Samsung SyncMaster 191T TFT-LCD
Monitor has a listing of Vertical Frequency (refresh rate): 60Hz.

And, when I run Everest Home, it tells me to increase my refresh rate for a
better display even though it correctly identifies my monitor type and that
I'm using it on the DVI connector of my Radeon 9800 Pro.

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> Flat TFT monitors have DVI inputs. There is no electron beam on those
> monitors like there is
> on CRTs therefore refresh rate on TFTs is of no importants.
>

> "manu08" <manu08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> But then how come it's supposed to be that higher the refresh rate better
>> the
>> performance and with DVI i get max of 60HZ but with analog i get 80HZ?
>>
>> "Jerry" wrote:
>>
>>> DVI is digital
>>>
>>> Analog is analog.
>>>
>>> DVI is better - assuming your video card has the connector and your
>>> monitor
>>> supports it.
>>>
>>> "manu08" <manu08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You really have to know some things about how the monitors work to
understand this.

A CRT monitor has an electron beam that scans the monitor from top to bottom
to create the image
line by line. If you increase the refresh rate on the CRT monitors you make
the beam scan faster
giving you a more steady image.

But with TFT monitors there IS NO electron beam. All the image is digitally
shown on the screen
all together at the same time 60 times a second. Thus the 60 HZ is enough to
have a steady image.

Now, Everest has no way to really know what monitor you are using so it says
that because it ASSUMES you are using a CRT monitor.... but you can just
ignore it.

TFT monitors are far better that CRTs because they dont use high voltages
and magnetic fields
to produce the image, thus are healthier.

you can search this site: http://www.howstuffworks.com/ for more information
on how monitors and tft and crts work.

Kenny

> Then explain why the owner's manual on my Samsung SyncMaster 191T TFT-LCD
> Monitor has a listing of Vertical Frequency (refresh rate): 60Hz.
>
> And, when I run Everest Home, it tells me to increase my refresh rate for
> a better display even though it correctly identifies my monitor type and
> that I'm using it on the DVI connector of my Radeon 9800 Pro.
>
> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> Flat TFT monitors have DVI inputs. There is no electron beam on those
>> monitors like there is
>> on CRTs therefore refresh rate on TFTs is of no importants.
>>

>> "manu08" <manu08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> But then how come it's supposed to be that higher the refresh rate
>>> better the
>>> performance and with DVI i get max of 60HZ but with analog i get 80HZ?

TRENDING THREADS