  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 29, 2004 10:47:20 PM

This weekend is the first time I've tried to hook a TV/VCR to my Video Out
from my AIW Radeon card. I matched the resolution with the computer monitor,
opened Mplayer, opened video, played @ full screen and had 2 black bars on
the sides of my screen. & small picture. Changed resolution to 640x480 &
tried again & still had black bars on the sides. (the opposite of letterbox)
I did not have time to play too much - but is this a player issue? Or a
pixel ratio issue? (.9 vs square)? Has anyone else tried to 'tape' TV output
from AIW card and had better results?

I do not have a DVD burner yet & usually I just burn 2 CD's then record them
from my settop DVD to VCR with the slight hiccup when changing disks - But I
thought I should try this and see if I could work out the bugs.

All the guides I can find always refer to 'capturing' with AIW or output to
tape via Digital Camcorders. My movies are just 'home' videos of my
daughter - nothing Hollywood here.

Thanks

More about : aiw video

Anonymous
March 30, 2004 12:21:28 AM

Snoopy wrote:
> This weekend is the first time I've tried to hook a TV/VCR to my Video Out
> from my AIW Radeon card. I matched the resolution with the computer
monitor,
> opened Mplayer, opened video, played @ full screen and had 2 black bars on
> the sides of my screen. & small picture. Changed resolution to 640x480 &
> tried again & still had black bars on the sides. (the opposite of
letterbox)
> I did not have time to play too much - but is this a player issue? Or a
> pixel ratio issue? (.9 vs square)? Has anyone else tried to 'tape' TV
output
> from AIW card and had better results?
<snip>

alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati is a newsgroup which may interest you.
Getting rid of the black bars usually requires another program like TVTool.
http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm
March 30, 2004 3:04:24 AM

Thanks for the hit on the group. I never even thought to look for an ait
group.

!