AIW: Video OUT

This weekend is the first time I've tried to hook a TV/VCR to my Video Out
from my AIW Radeon card. I matched the resolution with the computer monitor,
opened Mplayer, opened video, played @ full screen and had 2 black bars on
the sides of my screen. & small picture. Changed resolution to 640x480 &
tried again & still had black bars on the sides. (the opposite of letterbox)
I did not have time to play too much - but is this a player issue? Or a
pixel ratio issue? (.9 vs square)? Has anyone else tried to 'tape' TV output
from AIW card and had better results?

I do not have a DVD burner yet & usually I just burn 2 CD's then record them
from my settop DVD to VCR with the slight hiccup when changing disks - But I
thought I should try this and see if I could work out the bugs.

All the guides I can find always refer to 'capturing' with AIW or output to
tape via Digital Camcorders. My movies are just 'home' videos of my
daughter - nothing Hollywood here.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about video

    Snoopy wrote:
    > This weekend is the first time I've tried to hook a TV/VCR to my Video Out
    > from my AIW Radeon card. I matched the resolution with the computer
    monitor,
    > opened Mplayer, opened video, played @ full screen and had 2 black bars on
    > the sides of my screen. & small picture. Changed resolution to 640x480 &
    > tried again & still had black bars on the sides. (the opposite of
    letterbox)
    > I did not have time to play too much - but is this a player issue? Or a
    > pixel ratio issue? (.9 vs square)? Has anyone else tried to 'tape' TV
    output
    > from AIW card and had better results?
    <snip>

    alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati is a newsgroup which may interest you.
    Getting rid of the black bars usually requires another program like TVTool.
    http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

    Thanks for the hit on the group. I never even thought to look for an ait
    group.

    "i'm_tired" <it_isnt_valid@emailaddy.edu> wrote in message
    > Snoopy wrote:
    > > This weekend is the first time I've tried to hook a TV/VCR to my Video
    Out
    > > from my AIW Radeon card. I matched the resolution with the computer
    > monitor,
    > > opened Mplayer, opened video, played @ full screen and had 2 black bars
    on
    > > the sides of my screen. & small picture. Changed resolution to 640x480 &
    > > tried again & still had black bars on the sides. (the opposite of
    > letterbox)
    > > I did not have time to play too much - but is this a player issue? Or a
    > > pixel ratio issue? (.9 vs square)? Has anyone else tried to 'tape' TV
    > output
    > > from AIW card and had better results?
    > <snip>
    >
    > alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati is a newsgroup which may interest you.
    > Getting rid of the black bars usually requires another program like
    TVTool.
    > http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

Tuner Cards Video Resolution Graphics