ASF files dont work for me in Windows Movie Maker

I use the software from the camera to download the clip, but when I try to
import it, which is an ASF file, it says that file is not indexed and cannot
be imported. Also, when I try to import the video straight from the camera I
cannot figure out which Audio source to choose, which ever one i seem to
choose, i seem to never have any audio with my movies...ANY IDEAS!

That's the exact same problem I've been having ever since I tried to capture
video for the first time on my new camera yesterday (12/27/04). I'm curious
what kind of camera you have. Mine's a Samsung SCD 103, recording on the
Mini DV tapes, and I've got it connected to my computer via the USB cable
provided. Is that what you have? I'm thinking it may be an audio codec
issue, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. When I capture video using
the Samsung software that came with the camera, I get the sound, and can even
play it back on Windows Media Player (after downloading an audio codec
("45")), but get no sound at all if I capture in the Movie Maker. Also, same
as you, I get the "not indexed, cannot import" message when I try to bring in
video I captured on the Samsung program into Movie Maker. I'll let you know
if I figure something out. Would you do the same? Thanks.

"Graham Jones" wrote:

> That's the exact same problem I've been having ever since I tried to capture
> video for the first time on my new camera yesterday (12/27/04). I'm curious
> what kind of camera you have. Mine's a Samsung SCD 103, recording on the
> Mini DV tapes, and I've got it connected to my computer via the USB cable
> provided. Is that what you have? I'm thinking it may be an audio codec
> issue, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. When I capture video using
> the Samsung software that came with the camera, I get the sound, and can even
> play it back on Windows Media Player (after downloading an audio codec
> ("45")), but get no sound at all if I capture in the Movie Maker. Also, same
> as you, I get the "not indexed, cannot import" message when I try to bring in
> video I captured on the Samsung program into Movie Maker. I'll let you know
> if I figure something out. Would you do the same? Thanks.

Yeah that is the exact camera i have, Once i downloaded the codec though I
imported with the software from samsung and then imported that file into
windows movie maker and then edited it... WOOH that is too much work just to
download movie files ... Hope this helps, TGLVOER