Digital DVD server project help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi group.
I am not a Microsoft developer, but I think this is the right group to ask.
I would like someone to develop a Digital DVD video server, similar to the
Kaleidescape system, only designed to run on windows.
This is for my personal use. If I pay for it I expect to own it, if it is
free feel free to distribute it or sell it, you can own it.
Here are the basic specs/idea.
Load DVD time:
Rip the ISO: using "DVD Decrypter"
Look up DVD meta data: maybe via IMDB, DVDprofiler, or gracenote type
service
Store DVD meta data: in Access or SQL database (or dvdprofiler)

Play DVD time:
Display a list of all DVDs in the database, allow sort on may things
Select a DVD to play from the list
Mount the image: using "Daemon Tools"
Play the movie via "Power DVD" or "Win DVD" (I prefer Win)
After movie is done un-mount ISO file.
Repeat for multiple movies.

I will be running this on a:
2.5ghz CPU
1 gb RAM
2 Tb Hard Drive
High end video card with component outputs for DVD to TV connection

If this is not the correct group please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Chad

Malke

Chad Columbus wrote:

> Hi group.
> I am not a Microsoft developer, but I think this is the right group to
> ask. I would like someone to develop a Digital DVD video server,
> similar to the
> Kaleidescape system, only designed to run on windows.
> This is for my personal use. If I pay for it I expect to own it, if
> it is free feel free to distribute it or sell it, you can own it.
> Here are the basic specs/idea.
> Load DVD time:
> Rip the ISO: using "DVD Decrypter"
> Look up DVD meta data: maybe via IMDB, DVDprofiler, or gracenote type
> service
> Store DVD meta data: in Access or SQL database (or dvdprofiler)
>
> Play DVD time:
> Display a list of all DVDs in the database, allow sort on may things
> Select a DVD to play from the list
> Mount the image: using "Daemon Tools"
> Play the movie via "Power DVD" or "Win DVD" (I prefer Win)
> After movie is done un-mount ISO file.
> Repeat for multiple movies.
>
> I will be running this on a:
> 2.5ghz CPU
> 1 gb RAM
> 2 Tb Hard Drive
> High end video card with component outputs for DVD to TV connection
>
> If this is not the correct group please point me in the right
> direction.

Actually, this isn't something you'd post in a newsgroup. You'd find a
local programmer/developer and pay him/her to write the program you
want.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Chad Columbus wrote:
> Hi group.
> I am not a Microsoft developer, but I think this is the right group to ask.
> I would like someone to develop a Digital DVD video server, similar to the
> Kaleidescape system, only designed to run on windows.
> This is for my personal use. If I pay for it I expect to own it, if it is
> free feel free to distribute it or sell it, you can own it.
> Here are the basic specs/idea.
> Load DVD time:
> Rip the ISO: using "DVD Decrypter"
> Look up DVD meta data: maybe via IMDB, DVDprofiler, or gracenote type
> service
> Store DVD meta data: in Access or SQL database (or dvdprofiler)
>
> Play DVD time:
> Display a list of all DVDs in the database, allow sort on may things
> Select a DVD to play from the list
> Mount the image: using "Daemon Tools"
> Play the movie via "Power DVD" or "Win DVD" (I prefer Win)
> After movie is done un-mount ISO file.
> Repeat for multiple movies.
>
> I will be running this on a:
> 2.5ghz CPU
> 1 gb RAM
> 2 Tb Hard Drive
> High end video card with component outputs for DVD to TV connection
>
> If this is not the correct group please point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

I'll get right on it.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Raymond,
Why not are you not interested in something like this?

--

Chad

Chad Columbus wrote:
> Raymond,
> Why not are you not interested in something like this?

Your double negative renders your question indecipherable. I told you I
would get right on it, didn't I?