Are there still problems with Pinnacle Studio 9 after patc..

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

I see that Pinnacle are still creating updates to fix the bugs in
Pinnacle Studio 9.
The latest patch is 9.0.8.9 29/3/2004
Has this patch solved all the problems or are users still having
problems with this program?
I'm thinking that it might be worth the upgrade if the problems have
been fixed.

Regards Brian

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:03:31 +1200, Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote:

>I see that Pinnacle are still creating updates to fix the bugs in
>Pinnacle Studio 9.
>The latest patch is 9.0.8.9 29/3/2004
>Has this patch solved all the problems or are users still having
>problems with this program?
>I'm thinking that it might be worth the upgrade if the problems have
>been fixed.

I find it difficult to understand why anyone pays for these low-end
video editors, now that Windows Movie Maker 2 is freely available.

OK if you want the advanced featured of Vegas or Premiere. But
Pinnacle Studio and the Ulead programs don't offer anything special.

"Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:03:31 +1200, Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote:
>
> >I see that Pinnacle are still creating updates to fix the bugs in
> >Pinnacle Studio 9.
> >The latest patch is 9.0.8.9 29/3/2004
> >Has this patch solved all the problems or are users still having
> >problems with this program?
> >I'm thinking that it might be worth the upgrade if the problems have
> >been fixed.
>
> I find it difficult to understand why anyone pays for these low-end
> video editors, now that Windows Movie Maker 2 is freely available.
>
> OK if you want the advanced featured of Vegas or Premiere. But
> Pinnacle Studio and the Ulead programs don't offer anything special.

Elementary Mr Payne... not everybody is as clever as you are!! Thousands &
more thousands of "average intelligence" people, all over the world mind
you, have bought Pinnacle Studio & Ulead video authoring programs...
including myself. I suppose your theory would apply to photo editing,
desktop publishing, etc, etc "why not use what Windows offers you
freely"???

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Laurence Payne <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:03:31 +1200, Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote:
>
>>I see that Pinnacle are still creating updates to fix the bugs in
>>Pinnacle Studio 9.
>>The latest patch is 9.0.8.9 29/3/2004
>>Has this patch solved all the problems or are users still having
>>problems with this program?
>>I'm thinking that it might be worth the upgrade if the problems have
>>been fixed.
>
>I find it difficult to understand why anyone pays for these low-end
>video editors, now that Windows Movie Maker 2 is freely available.
>
>OK if you want the advanced featured of Vegas or Premiere. But
>Pinnacle Studio and the Ulead programs don't offer anything special.

Pinnacle Studio is easy to use and offers features most wanted by
general users, this makes Pinnacle Studio popular.
MS Movie Maker 2 is still lacking in some features. I don't think you
can create a DVD video with MS Moviemaker.

Vegas and Premiere are often too demaining in learning for the average
video person as most want to do basic things with video editing, such
as trimming, fades, storyboard arranging and writing the result to CD
or DVD.

Regards Brian

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:03:31 +1200, Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote:

>I see that Pinnacle are still creating updates to fix the bugs in
>Pinnacle Studio 9.
>The latest patch is 9.0.8.9 29/3/2004
>Has this patch solved all the problems or are users still having
>problems with this program?
>I'm thinking that it might be worth the upgrade if the problems have
>been fixed.
>
>Regards Brian

What bugs??????

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

"Donald Link" <linkerd@earthlink.net>
wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:03:31 +1200,
Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote:

> >I see that Pinnacle are still
creating updates to fix the bugs in
> >Pinnacle Studio 9.
> >The latest patch is 9.0.8.9
29/3/2004
> >Has this patch solved all the
problems or are users still having
> >problems with this program?
> >I'm thinking that it might be worth
the upgrade if the problems have
> >been fixed.
> >
> >Regards Brian
>

> What bugs??????
The Pinnacle site has a list of the
"bug" fixes with this update.
I have this ver and haven't had any
problems "yet"
Big Easy

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:26:45 -0600, "Big Easy" <littleeasy@cox.net> wrote:

>The Pinnacle site has a list of the
>"bug" fixes with this update.
>I have this ver and haven't had any
>problems "yet"

Well I have the LE version of Studio 8 that came with an anologue capture
device - Linx USB plus and that software is the worst bit of junk I have ever
installed on my PC.

Its so bad it has put me of going to 9 and when I saw this thread my immediate
thought was they have carried on doing as bad a job with 9 as they did with 8.

Having bought a digital video camera I bought a generic 1394 card and that came
with a free copy of MGI Video Wave III. Old and out of date it maybe but I
ended up using it to edit and render the AVI files captured with Studio 8
because Studio 8 kept hanging on transitions.

It (Studio 8) has more features than the basic Video Wave but what is the point
if they don't work?

I would like 9 to have sorted the problems out but I am not sure if I will
upgrade as I resent having to fork out cash to upgrade away from a bug ridden
bit of junk to something that works as the original verion 8 ought to have
done.

Dave

--

Wigan Warriors RLFC - 1998 Super League Champions
(Oh - and Grand Final winners as well)

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Dave Oddie <DaveOddie@mailandnews.com> wrote in

> I would like 9 to have sorted the problems out but I am not sure if I
> will upgrade as I resent having to fork out cash to upgrade away from
> a bug ridden bit of junk to something that works as the original
> verion 8 ought to have done.

Agreed.

--
Frank Hahn

Andrew

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

I recently bought Pinnacle Studio 9 with MovieBox converter and it has
worked pretty well for me. However, the other day when Patch 9.0.8.9
was announced, I downloaded and installed it and it hasn't worked at
all for me. I ended up having to uninstall the entire program and then
reinstall from the CD without the patch. Now it's working fine again.
Anyone had trouble with this? Isn't a patch supposed to make things
better?

-Andrew

andrewalambert@yahoo.com (Andrew) wrote:

>I recently bought Pinnacle Studio 9 with MovieBox converter and it has
>worked pretty well for me. However, the other day when Patch 9.0.8.9
>was announced, I downloaded and installed it and it hasn't worked at
>all for me. I ended up having to uninstall the entire program and then
>reinstall from the CD without the patch. Now it's working fine again.
>Anyone had trouble with this? Isn't a patch supposed to make things
>better?
>
>-Andrew

I've heard of this happening before. When you fix a problem in a
program then you can create a new problem. I feel that Pinnacle should
test their patches before they release them to the public.

Maybe by version 9.1 they'll get it right.

Regards Brian