"Wireless Network Connection not connected ... "???

My desktop running XP SP2 reports that my DLink DWL-G520 is not connected.

My new Toshiba laptop running SP1 reports that its internal Atheros Wireless
connection is "disconnected ... "

How do I connect them? TIA!

--
All mail sent by me is virus-checked with NAV.
Patrick S. Page

    "Patrick Page" <patspage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My desktop running XP SP2 reports that my DLink DWL-G520 is not connected.
    >
    > My new Toshiba laptop running SP1 reports that its internal Atheros
    Wireless
    > connection is "disconnected ... "
    >
    > How do I connect them? TIA!

    Did you check the side of your Toshiba to make sure the wireless is "on"?
    My Satellite 2430-S255 has a switch on the left side that turns the wireless
    on & off. You can have it on in Windows but if the switch is in the off
    position then it doesn't work. Not sure if that's your problem but you can
    check to see.

    --
    Tara

    Neither machine was set to Ad hoc networking. Both adapters saw each other,
    but MS software was no help. Maybe I'll go back to Macs.

    --

    > Neither machine was set to Ad hoc networking. Both adapters saw each
    other,
    > but MS software was no help. Maybe I'll go back to Macs.

    Patrick, have you checked the Toshiba site for updates? I was there
    yesterday and there were 2 pages of updates for my model and one of them was
    for the Atheros card driver. Windows certainly requires a little more work
    to get your network connections right than OS X, I'll give you that, but in
    all likelihood its a simple fix once you identify the problem. Anyway,
    check out the Toshiba site if you haven't already. I *think* there's even a
    link to Toshiba updates in the Start > Programs menu, at the top.

    --
    Tara

Wireless Connection Wireless Network Wireless Networking