Help: DVD Architect Menu button(s) Link - How?

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi,

I am currently play around with Sony Dvd Architect to create simple
menu for
home video DVD. I love the AC3 audio encoding option but I think the
menu
creation process is tedious at best (compared to Ulead DVDWorkshop).

How can I link custom make graphics/buttons to a video or chapter.
For
example, I have a main menu with two buttons (and description text): 1
button
is to play the video (at the begining) and the other one is to link to
second page/or third page/... where you can select chapters.
Architect
can do this but I don't want the picture of the video on the menu,
just simply my own buttons/graphics or whatever. Also, I want to
create and specify my own links instead of Architect to generate/add
"scene select menu" links.

I tried Ulead DVDWorkshop (trial version) and their menu create is
very,
very flexible - basically you can link any objects
(text/graphics/buttons) to
menu any menu pages or chapters. Any help/hint would greatly
appreciated 'cause the manual doesn't help at all.
6 answers Last reply
More about help architect menu button link
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    On 31 Mar 2004 16:15:24 -0800, Phil_12345@hotmail.com (Phil) wrote:

    >How can I link custom make graphics/buttons to a video or chapter.

    After adding the scene selection button, click the "object" tab on the
    right hand portion of the screen. The top of that tab shows
    "Thumbnail:"... there's a little folder icon to the right of that.
    Click the icon and pick and graphic (jpeg, .avi, etc) you want to use.
    If you only want text, at the bottom of the tab where it says "link
    type" select "text only" from the drop-down box rather than the
    default of "text and image"

    Also, I want to
    >create and specify my own links instead of Architect to generate/add
    >"scene select menu" links.

    not sure the best way, i might set my chapter points and use the
    automatic facility then go in and adjust as desired.

    DVD-A has it's advantages and disadvantages. When you learn to work
    with and it's features suit your goals, it's pretty good, but it does
    have it's limitations. Hopefully a revised version will come out with
    Vegas 5. As it is, you can very quickly create a pretty good looking
    DVD with it.

    DVD Workshop 2 appears excellent - more features and flexibility than
    DVD-A, and still farily easy to learn and use.

    Good luck.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    >alan <nobody@home.com> wrote in message >news:<iump60t3g2rhde6sun1h09u47er4hvjl22@4ax.com>...
    > On 31 Mar 2004 16:15:24 -0800, Phil_12345@hotmail.com (Phil) wrote:
    >

    > >How can I link custom make graphics/buttons to a video or chapter.
    >
    > After adding the scene selection button, click the "object" tab on the
    > right hand portion of the screen. The top of that tab shows
    > "Thumbnail:"... there's a little folder icon to the right of that.
    > Click the icon and pick and graphic (jpeg, .avi, etc) you want to use.
    > If you only want text, at the bottom of the tab where it says "link
    > type" select "text only" from the drop-down box rather than the
    > default of "text and image"
    >
    > Also, I want to
    > >create and specify my own links instead of Architect to generate/add
    > >"scene select menu" links.
    >
    > not sure the best way, i might set my chapter points and use the
    > automatic facility then go in and adjust as desired.
    >
    > DVD-A has it's advantages and disadvantages. When you learn to work
    > with and it's features suit your goals, it's pretty good, but it does
    > have it's limitations. Hopefully a revised version will come out with
    > Vegas 5. As it is, you can very quickly create a pretty good looking
    > DVD with it.
    >
    > DVD Workshop 2 appears excellent - more features and flexibility than
    > DVD-A, and still farily easy to learn and use.
    >
    > Good luck.

    Alan,

    Thanks for your help. I guess I can live with DVD-A's limitations
    (not a major issue) since I don't have $$$ to buy DVD Workshop 2 right
    now.

    Just one more question: when I used a short video for my motion back
    ground of the menu and the video is set to looping. Every-time when
    the video loop back to the beginning, the chapter high-light/selection
    is always set focus to chapter 1 on the menu page - even thought I
    have the focus on other chapter.
    Is there a way to work around this issue or I have to live it it :-) .
    Thanks
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    when I used a short video for my motion back
    >ground of the menu and the video is set to looping. Every-time when
    >the video loop back to the beginning, the chapter high-light/selection
    >is always set focus to chapter 1 on the menu page - even thought I
    >have the focus on other chapter.
    >Is there a way to work around this issue or I have to live it it :-) .

    Phil - I can't think of any way offhand. There are a lot of very
    creative users of Vegas and DVD-A and someone may well have come up
    with something, or it may just not be worth the trouble on that one.

    Anyway, there's good information and a lot of folks more expert than I
    at other forums. Try:
    www.creativecow.net
    specifically: http://www.creativecow.net/index.php?forumid=24
    and the sony forums:
    http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/
    specifically:
    http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=22

    Good luck.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<c4vfav$2nialb$1@ID-113661.news.uni-berlin.de>...
    > It's always interesting to read postings from someone at the bottom of the
    > gene pool :-(

    Nice comeback, moron. Guess I can't expect much from Canada, the
    U.S.'s younger, slightly retarded brother. Seems to me you shouldn't
    be so quick to talk about the "gene pool".
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    PDTV <pdtv_info@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> It's always interesting to read postings from someone at the bottom
    >> of the gene pool :-(
    >
    > Nice comeback, moron. Guess I can't expect much from Canada, the
    > U.S.'s younger, slightly retarded brother. Seems to me you shouldn't
    > be so quick to talk about the "gene pool".

    Go away Max - again
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.authoring,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<c51thh$2mjah2$1@ID-113661.news.uni-berlin.de>...

    > Go away Max - again

    Again, it's a public forum, and you DON'T HAVE to read my posts.

    YOU go away.

Tuner Cards DVD Video Graphics