Using Multiple Firewire devices

I have a firewire hard drive, External audio interface, and DV-camera or
video coder box. it appears Windows XP Pro will not let me have more that two
of these devices active at any one time. is this a limitation of Windows, or
is there some way for me to have three Firewire devices all working at once?

Providing your PSU has sufficient wattage, it should be able to connect all
of them.
www.coribright.com

PJM wrote:
> I have a firewire hard drive, External audio interface, and DV-camera or
> video coder box. it appears Windows XP Pro will not let me have more that two
> of these devices active at any one time. is this a limitation of Windows, or
> is there some way for me to have three Firewire devices all working at once?
Windows itself will let you have many firewire devices active.
However, it seems that some devices don't coexist very well on the same
firewire card/hub.

One solution that seems to work well is to have several firewire cards.
I have personally used 4 DV cameras simultaneously this way.

/Johan S