problem with capture of video

can any one help ,since sp2 I can't capture my video footage on movie maker2
or any other program I am Tying to capture from a Canon MV-20. It all worked
fine before updating to sp 2
3 answers Last reply
More about problem capture video

    Is this a digital camcorder and are you connecting with an IEEE1394
    (firewire) cable?
    www.coribright.com

    "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can any one help ,since sp2 I can't capture my video footage on movie
    > maker2
    > or any other program I am Tying to capture from a Canon MV-20. It all
    > worked
    > fine before updating to sp 2

    I have the same problem. Video download by firwire worked fine prior to SP2
    and now it is kaput. In fact nothing works on my firewire port anymore. I
    have seen lots of posts (on these bb's) of people with this same problem
    after upgrading to SP2. Can anyone point me to a fix? Any ideas on why MS
    has not patched this yet?

    editorial comment: Looks like Bill Gates plans to take over our living
    rooms are running off the tracks if they cant even take care of video editing
    on my pc.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Is this a digital camcorder and are you connecting with an IEEE1394
    > (firewire) cable?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > can any one help ,since sp2 I can't capture my video footage on movie
    > > maker2
    > > or any other program I am Tying to capture from a Canon MV-20. It all
    > > worked
    > > fine before updating to sp 2

    Yes it a Digital camcorder and yes i am connecting with a IEEE1394 (firewire
    cable)

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Is this a digital camcorder and are you connecting with an IEEE1394
    > (firewire) cable?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > can any one help ,since sp2 I can't capture my video footage on movie
    > > maker2
    > > or any other program I am Tying to capture from a Canon MV-20. It all
    > > worked
    > > fine before updating to sp 2

Video Microsoft Windows XP