Beginner Zoom ring and Digital camera

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi there

Planning on buying me a new digicam and need some assistance please?

Well here are my options . Minolta Dimage A2 , Olympus C-8080 with
telephoto lens
or Panasonic Lumix dmc-fz20 with wide angle lens.

So my question is , does a zoom ring on the lens help for easier or better
focus.

Its said that its better to get a good 5mp rather than a 8mp (less noise).

Dslr will work out to expensive including lenses and all.

But any other suggestions will help.

Thanks

Jack.

Can't speak for the others but the olympus zoom ring is a fake... it doesn't
physically zoom teh lense, it is just an electronic switch that works no
different to button on the back of the camera. And it's pretty slow to
zoom.

A zoom ring has no effect on focusing, that would be manual focus and a
faocus ring, which you can do with the olympus. Noise with the olympus at
anything over 100 ISO is bad, VERY bad in lowlight. I had one for 3 days
before returnng it and going with a digital Rebel.

--
Craig J Hadfield AKA EnglishBob
Canon Digital Rebel 300D