Restrict Bandwidth to users

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 10, 2004 12:03:04 PM

I am running a small network of a 2Wire 'Home Portal' (DSL modem and wireless
router in one). There are a total of three users: one desktop connected to
the single rj-45 jack on router, a laptop w/ wireless NIC, and another
desktop with a USB wireless NIC.

The second desktop is used by someone that needs to be restricted in his
activities... i would like to limit the amount of bandwidth available to him
in order to spare the other two users. Since the DSL is only coming in at
300kbps, there is not much bandwidth to go around.

He is running WinXP and using a Linksys USB wireless adapter. There is no
utility in the 2Wire router to do this.

any help would be great... thanks!!

Greg
September 10, 2004 11:35:49 PM