Restrict Bandwidth to users

I am running a small network of a 2Wire 'Home Portal' (DSL modem and wireless
router in one). There are a total of three users: one desktop connected to
the single rj-45 jack on router, a laptop w/ wireless NIC, and another
desktop with a USB wireless NIC.

The second desktop is used by someone that needs to be restricted in his
activities... i would like to limit the amount of bandwidth available to him
in order to spare the other two users. Since the DSL is only coming in at
300kbps, there is not much bandwidth to go around.

He is running WinXP and using a Linksys USB wireless adapter. There is no
utility in the 2Wire router to do this.

any help would be great... thanks!!

Greg
1 answer Last reply
More about restrict bandwidth users

    Hi.
    May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/monitor.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Greg EEC Citizen" <Greg EEC Citizen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:5BA2C72A-30B6-4D7B-83A2-601CC177679A@microsoft.com...
    > I am running a small network of a 2Wire 'Home Portal' (DSL modem and
    wireless
    > router in one). There are a total of three users: one desktop connected
    > the single rj-45 jack on router, a laptop w/ wireless NIC, and another
    > desktop with a USB wireless NIC.
    >
    > The second desktop is used by someone that needs to be restricted in his
    > activities... i would like to limit the amount of bandwidth available to
    him
    > in order to spare the other two users. Since the DSL is only coming in at
    > 300kbps, there is not much bandwidth to go around.
    >
    > He is running WinXP and using a Linksys USB wireless adapter. There is no
    > utility in the 2Wire router to do this.
    >
    > any help would be great... thanks!!
    >
    > Greg

Wireless Bandwidth Desktops Wireless Networking