Can't record back to DV (TRV-33)

I've just wasted the morning trying to do the simplest thing:
recording an .avi back on to DV from my computer. I've done this
before, but obviously I'm doing something stupid today.

I've tried with TRV in VCR, VCR Rec Control Mode & Camera mode (out of
desperation). DV cable is obviously connected. Have tried with AV>DV
Out setting switched to On and Off. Software tried includes WinDV
(what I used last time) and Win Movie Maker. With Win DV the source
file doesn't play, or plays extremely slowly (like frame by frame)
when I press record. It does put the camera into record & pause, but
nothing records. Likewise Win Movie maker (2) says it's recording to
my camera but nothing shows on the screen & nothing records. I thought
..avis palyed on the computer with a DVD app should show on screen when
in VCR Rec Cntrl mode but nothing shows. It's as if no vision is being
sent over the DV cable at all, despite logic control messages being
sent.

"Karl Engel" <karlengel@excite.com> wrote in message
> I've just wasted the morning trying to do the simplest thing:
> recording an .avi back on to DV from my computer. I've done this
> before, but obviously I'm doing something stupid today.
>
> I've tried with TRV in VCR, VCR Rec Control Mode & Camera mode (out of
> desperation). DV cable is obviously connected. Have tried with AV>DV
> Out setting switched to On and Off. Software tried includes WinDV
> (what I used last time) and Win Movie Maker. With Win DV the source
> file doesn't play, or plays extremely slowly (like frame by frame)
> when I press record. It does put the camera into record & pause, but
> nothing records. Likewise Win Movie maker (2) says it's recording to
> my camera but nothing shows on the screen & nothing records. I thought
> .avis palyed on the computer with a DVD app should show on screen when
> in VCR Rec Cntrl mode but nothing shows. It's as if no vision is being
> sent over the DV cable at all, despite logic control messages being
> sent.

Fixed it - & the solution might help others. It suddenly worked when I
removed (or stopped) my USB2 cardbus adaptor which my DVD burner's on. I'm
using a Dell I8200, notorious, (at least in audio circles) for having the
FWire, cardbus USB & video card all on IRC 11. There is apparently no way to
change the IRQ assignment. Some research revealed that reinstalling the OS
and selecting Standard PC instead of ACPI might do the trick, but I've yet
to read of a user who has done this successfully.

This is a major bummer as my external HD (when I get it) will also be stuck
on IRQ 11 and all sorts of problems capturing or transferring video may
result. I can't imagine putting a double adaptor on my FWire input
(camera/HD) would work better than the current arrangement with potential HD
using USB2 from a cardbus adaptor.

If anyone's managed to change the IRQ assignments of these beasts please let
me know.