Software to move/strobe still images?

I'm making a music video and would like to strobe a still image,
duplicate it several times and have it move around the screen, flipping
around, etc. (sort of a psychadelic thing). It could be somewhat random
movement.

What would be the best way to do this? I know how to use Premiere's basic
move function, but I think plotting the exact direction of each image
would take forever....

"Jim Patterson" <hangfire@arthur.avalon.net> wrote in message

> What would be the best way to do this? I know how to use Premiere's basic
> move function, but I think plotting the exact direction of each image
> would take forever....

Jim,
This sounds like the sort of job that would best be done in After Effects,
where you have total control over all the parameters.
However, it's still going to take time to set up - these things always do
unfortunately.
There is a strobe light effect in Premiere. If you can't get it into AE, I
think you're stuck with Premiere's motion tool ;-(
Robin.

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 01:12:19 -0600, Jim Patterson
<hangfire@arthur.avalon.net> wrote:

>I'm making a music video and would like to strobe a still image,
>duplicate it several times and have it move around the screen, flipping
>around, etc. (sort of a psychadelic thing). It could be somewhat random
>movement.

Avisynth's Animate function could help, but it would involve a lot of
work unless you can develop a small program that writes the scripts.

TRENDING THREADS