Record Music from DVD

Is it possible to record music from DVD? How?
Thanks

Yes, depends on whether it is your own dvd or a commercial one.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"vbn" <vbn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to record music from DVD? How?
> Thanks

It is commercial. Can I ?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Yes, depends on whether it is your own dvd or a commercial one.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "vbn" <vbn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to record music from DVD? How?
> > Thanks

You can, but not legally, so you'll have to sort it out yourself, or wait
for someone else to tell you I'm afraid.

--

> It is commercial. Can I ?
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > Yes, depends on whether it is your own dvd or a commercial one.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "vbn" <vbn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is it possible to record music from DVD? How?
> > > Thanks

Hear music without video, is it a big deal?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> You can, but not legally, so you'll have to sort it out yourself, or wait
> for someone else to tell you I'm afraid.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "vbn" <vbn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It is commercial. Can I ?
> >
> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, depends on whether it is your own dvd or a commercial one.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Graham Hughes
> > > MVP Digital Media
> > > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > > www.simplydv.com
> > >

> > > "vbn" <vbn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sorry, for me yes.

--

> Hear music without video, is it a big deal?
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > You can, but not legally, so you'll have to sort it out yourself, or
wait
> > for someone else to tell you I'm afraid.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "vbn" <vbn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > It is commercial. Can I ?

>Is it possible to record music from DVD? How?

Yes. whether your DVD is commercial or not, you'll need to get a DVD
ripper (demultiplexer) like CLADdvd, or SmartRipper, or DVD Decrypter,
etc. If you set the appropriate configuration options you'll get a
separate video file and audio file. The audio file is usually in the
wav or ac3 format and contains the entire soundtrack of the movie. You
can get rid of the movie file and use an audio or video editing
program to separate the audio file into individual tracks, if needed.

You don't have to "record" anything.

Try these softwares : #1 DVD Audio Ripper or Ace DVD Audio Extractor.
They work for me.

Lang