More about movie maker slide home player

    You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import this
    into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what can be
    played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    www.dvds2treasure.com
    www.simplydv.com

    "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    news:ea%23H3lo8EHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Movie Maker2
    > How can i make a cd that will play on my home DVD player???

    I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
    Will it burn to a CD????
    "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import this
    > into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what can
    > be
    > played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> Movie Maker2
    >> How can i make a cd that will play on my home DVD player???

    Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better quality.

    --

    > I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
    > Will it burn to a CD????
    > "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import
    this
    > > into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what can
    > > be
    > > played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > >> Movie Maker2
    > >> How can i make a cd that will play on my home DVD player???

    I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
    I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
    From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
    I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
    When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
    file because it is
    looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
    Can you walk me through it?
    Maybe i did'nt save it right.
    It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
    > Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
    > quality.
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
    >> Will it burn to a CD????
    >> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> > You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import
    > this
    >> > into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what
    >> > can
    >> > be
    >> > played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Graham Hughes
    >> > MVP Digital Media
    >> > www.dvds2treasure.com
    >> > www.simplydv.com
    >> >

    >> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message

    I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does sound
    like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
    file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
    importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
    Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.

    --

    > I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
    > I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
    > From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
    > I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
    > When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
    > file because it is
    > looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
    > Can you walk me through it?
    > Maybe i did'nt save it right.
    > It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
    > "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
    > > quality.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > >> I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
    > >> Will it burn to a CD????
    > >> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > this

    Ok, downloading it now and will work thorugh it and get back to you.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    www.dvds2treasure.com
    www.simplydv.com

    "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    Here is a picture of what i have.
    I dont see any place to import from Movie Maker.
    On imput & files of type the only option is .EVT
    "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    The help files said to use TMPGE to make a Mpeg,
    Is that not needed.
    I really appreciate your help.
    > I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does
    sound
    > like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
    > file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
    > importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
    > Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
    >> I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
    >> From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
    >> I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
    >> When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
    >> file because it is
    >> looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
    >> Can you walk me through it?
    >> Maybe i did'nt save it right.
    >> It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
    >> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> > Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
    >> > quality.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Graham Hughes
    >> > MVP Digital Media
    >> > www.dvds2treasure.com
    >> > www.simplydv.com
    >> >

    >> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> > this

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Ok, here we go.
    From Movie maker, save movie as a dv-avi file.
    In tmpg, you choose this file to convert by browsing to it. This should then
    show up a video file and below it an audio file.
    Click next 3 times.
    Choose location/name of file to be saved.
    Click ok.
    A box should open up saying this file does not exist, do you want to make
    it, click yes.
    Wait for file to be encoded.
    Open vcd easy
    Rigjht click in the big white box which says Add here mpeg files..........
    Click on add files, browse toi the file you have just made with tmpgenc and
    click open. This file will then appear in the white box, follow through the
    wizard options for burning.

    Graham
    And sorry, tmpg is needed to encode the files.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    www.dvds2treasure.com
    www.simplydv.com

    "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    Here is a picture of what i have.
    I dont see any place to import from Movie Maker.
    On imput & files of type the only option is .EVT
    "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    The help files said to use TMPGE to make a Mpeg,
    Is that not needed.
    I really appreciate your help.
    "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does
    sound
    > like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
    > file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
    > importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
    > Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
    >> I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
    >> From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
    >> I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
    >> When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
    >> file because it is
    >> looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
    >> Can you walk me through it?
    >> Maybe i did'nt save it right.
    >> It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
    >> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> > Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
    >> > quality.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Graham Hughes
    >> > MVP Digital Media
    >> > www.dvds2treasure.com
    >> > www.simplydv.com
    >> >

    >> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >> > this

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    I believe vcdeasy will continue to work with vcd files after the trial
    period and will not work with dvd mpeg2 files after.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    www.dvds2treasure.com
    www.simplydv.com

    "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    Thanks Graham,I finally got it,it plays great in my Dvd player.Vcd Easy is a
    trial program.
    Do you know of any free programs that will burn Mpegs?
    > Ok, here we go.
    > From Movie maker, save movie as a dv-avi file.
    > In tmpg, you choose this file to convert by browsing to it. This should
    then
    > show up a video file and below it an audio file.
    > Click next 3 times.
    > Choose location/name of file to be saved.
    > Click ok.
    > A box should open up saying this file does not exist, do you want to make
    > it, click yes.
    > Wait for file to be encoded.
    > Open vcd easy
    > Rigjht click in the big white box which says Add here mpeg files..........
    > Click on add files, browse toi the file you have just made with tmpgenc
    and
    > click open. This file will then appear in the white box, follow through
    the
    > wizard options for burning.
    >
    > Graham
    > And sorry, tmpg is needed to encode the files.
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > Here is a picture of what i have.
    > I dont see any place to import from Movie Maker.
    > On imput & files of type the only option is .EVT
    > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > The help files said to use TMPGE to make a Mpeg,
    > Is that not needed.
    > I really appreciate your help.
    > "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does
    > sound
    >> like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
    >> file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
    >> importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
    >> Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham Hughes
    >> MVP Digital Media
    >> www.dvds2treasure.com
    >> www.simplydv.com
    >>

    >> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    >>> I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
    >>> I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
    >>> From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
    >>> I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
    >>> When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
    >>> file because it is
    >>> looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
    >>> Can you walk me through it?
    >>> Maybe i did'nt save it right.
    >>> It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
    >>> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Very interesting stuff. I tried these steps below but got a "non-playable
    disc" error on my DVD player...
    - created movie from stills using MM2
    - saved the movie as DV AVI.
    - converted (encoded) the avi file to MPG for VCD.
    - burned the resulting MPG file using Nero Express.
    I have been trying to do this for over a week and have gone through
    countless CD-R. My DVD player is a JVC which specifically says that it
    supports VCD and SVCD. What the @$#%$%$#@ am I doing wrong?? :(
    Mark

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > I believe vcdeasy will continue to work with vcd files after the trial
    > period and will not work with dvd mpeg2 files after.
    > Graham
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks Graham,I finally got it,it plays great in my Dvd player.Vcd Easy is a
    > trial program.
    > Do you know of any free programs that will burn Mpegs?
    > "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Ok, here we go.
    > > From Movie maker, save movie as a dv-avi file.
    > > In tmpg, you choose this file to convert by browsing to it. This should
    > then
    > > show up a video file and below it an audio file.
    > > Click next 3 times.
    > > Choose location/name of file to be saved.
    > > Click ok.
    > > A box should open up saying this file does not exist, do you want to make
    > > it, click yes.
    > > Wait for file to be encoded.
    > > Open vcd easy
    > > Rigjht click in the big white box which says Add here mpeg files..........
    > > Click on add files, browse toi the file you have just made with tmpgenc
    > and
    > > click open. This file will then appear in the white box, follow through
    > the
    > > wizard options for burning.
    > >
    > > Graham
    > > And sorry, tmpg is needed to encode the files.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > > Here is a picture of what i have.
    > > I dont see any place to import from Movie Maker.
    > > On imput & files of type the only option is .EVT
    > > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > > The help files said to use TMPGE to make a Mpeg,
    > > Is that not needed.
    > > I really appreciate your help.
    > > "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does
    > > sound
    > >> like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
    > >> file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
    > >> importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
    > >> Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Graham Hughes
    > >> MVP Digital Media
    > >> www.dvds2treasure.com
    > >> www.simplydv.com
    > >>

    > >> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message

    > import
    > what

Video DVD Players Microsoft Movie Maker Windows XP