Movie Maker slide shw to home dvd player

January 4, 2005 4:15:53 PM

Movie Maker2
How can i make a cd that will play on my home DVD player???
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 10:06:14 PM

You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import this
into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what can be
played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com

"desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:ea%23H3lo8EHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Movie Maker2
> How can i make a cd that will play on my home DVD player???

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 10:06:15 PM

I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
Will it burn to a CD????
"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import this
> into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what can
> be
> played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> Movie Maker2
>> How can i make a cd that will play on my home DVD player???

January 5, 2005 12:03:19 AM

Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better quality.

--

> I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
> Will it burn to a CD????
> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> > You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import
this
> > into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what can
> > be
> > played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
> >> Movie Maker2
> >> How can i make a cd that will play on my home DVD player???

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:50:23 PM

I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
file because it is
looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
Can you walk me through it?
Maybe i did'nt save it right.
It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
> Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
> quality.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
>> Will it burn to a CD????
>> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > You need 3rd party software. Save the movie as a dv-avi file, import
> this
>> > into something like nero/roxio/easyvcd and make the disc. Check what
>> > can
>> > be
>> > played on your dvd player first at www.dvdrhelp.com
>> >
>> > --
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > www.dvds2treasure.com
>> > www.simplydv.com
>> >

>> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 10:19:14 PM

I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does sound
like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.

--

> I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
> I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
> From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
> I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
> When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
> file because it is
> looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
> Can you walk me through it?
> Maybe i did'nt save it right.
> It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
> > quality.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
> >> I found EASYVCD,it's a free download,but it says rid DVD.
> >> Will it burn to a CD????
> >> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> > this

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:17:36 PM

Ok, downloading it now and will work thorugh it and get back to you.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com

"desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
Here is a picture of what i have.
I dont see any place to import from Movie Maker.
On imput & files of type the only option is .EVT
"desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
The help files said to use TMPGE to make a Mpeg,
Is that not needed.
I really appreciate your help.
> I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does
sound
> like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
> file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
> importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
> Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
>> I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
>> From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
>> I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
>> When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
>> file because it is
>> looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
>> Can you walk me through it?
>> Maybe i did'nt save it right.
>> It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
>> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
>> > quality.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > www.dvds2treasure.com
>> > www.simplydv.com
>> >

>> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> > this

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 2:32:14 PM

Ok, here we go.
From Movie maker, save movie as a dv-avi file.
In tmpg, you choose this file to convert by browsing to it. This should then
show up a video file and below it an audio file.
Click next 3 times.
Choose location/name of file to be saved.
Click ok.
A box should open up saying this file does not exist, do you want to make
it, click yes.
Wait for file to be encoded.
Open vcd easy
Rigjht click in the big white box which says Add here mpeg files..........
Click on add files, browse toi the file you have just made with tmpgenc and
click open. This file will then appear in the white box, follow through the
wizard options for burning.

Graham
And sorry, tmpg is needed to encode the files.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com

"desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
Here is a picture of what i have.
I dont see any place to import from Movie Maker.
On imput & files of type the only option is .EVT
"desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
The help files said to use TMPGE to make a Mpeg,
Is that not needed.
I really appreciate your help.
"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does
sound
> like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
> file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
> importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
> Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
>> I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
>> From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
>> I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
>> When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
>> file because it is
>> looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
>> Can you walk me through it?
>> Maybe i did'nt save it right.
>> It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
>> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Yes it will, vcd is vicdeo cd and svcd is super video cd, a better
>> > quality.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > www.dvds2treasure.com
>> > www.simplydv.com
>> >

>> > "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> > this

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 8:38:21 PM

I believe vcdeasy will continue to work with vcd files after the trial
period and will not work with dvd mpeg2 files after.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com

"desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
Thanks Graham,I finally got it,it plays great in my Dvd player.Vcd Easy is a
trial program.
Do you know of any free programs that will burn Mpegs?
"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o ipM1WX9EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Ok, here we go.
> From Movie maker, save movie as a dv-avi file.
> In tmpg, you choose this file to convert by browsing to it. This should
then
> show up a video file and below it an audio file.
> Click next 3 times.
> Choose location/name of file to be saved.
> Click ok.
> A box should open up saying this file does not exist, do you want to make
> it, click yes.
> Wait for file to be encoded.
> Open vcd easy
> Rigjht click in the big white box which says Add here mpeg files..........
> Click on add files, browse toi the file you have just made with tmpgenc
and
> click open. This file will then appear in the white box, follow through
the
> wizard options for burning.
>
> Graham
> And sorry, tmpg is needed to encode the files.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
> Here is a picture of what i have.
> I dont see any place to import from Movie Maker.
> On imput & files of type the only option is .EVT
> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
> The help files said to use TMPGE to make a Mpeg,
> Is that not needed.
> I really appreciate your help.
> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I'll have to get easycd and check, as I don't use it. Although it does
> sound
>> like you are trying to open an easyvcd project rather than import an avi
>> file. Also why did you uise tmpg? This part will not be needed, as after
>> importing an avi into easyvcd it will make the vcd file itself.
>> Will be back later if I don't here from you as sorting it.
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com
>>

>> "desgnr" <desgnr@netzero.net> wrote in message
>>> I got Easyvcd as you suggested.
>>> I'm trying to make a vcd on a cd from a Movie Maker file.
>>> From Movie maker2 i saved the file as AVI
>>> I opened the AVI file in TMPGEnc & made a VCD file.
>>> When i opened EASYVCD & browsed IMPUT i dont see the AVI
>>> file because it is
>>> looking for an Easy vcd info file.EVT, what am i doing wrong?
>>> Can you walk me through it?
>>> Maybe i did'nt save it right.
>>> It also trys to save a template file which i dont understand.
>>> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message

January 10, 2005 6:57:01 PM

Very interesting stuff. I tried these steps below but got a "non-playable
disc" error on my DVD player...
- created movie from stills using MM2
- saved the movie as DV AVI.
- converted (encoded) the avi file to MPG for VCD.
- burned the resulting MPG file using Nero Express.
I have been trying to do this for over a week and have gone through
countless CD-R. My DVD player is a JVC which specifically says that it
supports VCD and SVCD. What the @$#%$%$#@ am I doing wrong?? :(
Mark

!