They claim to be able to produce DVD's that will work on most DVD players.
Is that correct? I am currently using WinDvd creator. So far, all I've been
able to do is produce a mpeg2 (slide show) that will work on my DVD player,
but the pics vibrate....(I was using a cd and burned it as a SVCD). I am
supposing if I had a DVD disk it would be better. I am still muzzy on the
difference between Mpeg2 and .vob....bottom line, I want to produce a slide
show on CD or DVD with decent quality that will work on most DVD players. I
am in doubt whether Windvd creator will work as it seems to offer only mpeg2.
Thanks for your help in fighting thru the dvd writing jungle.....I have read
enough to learn some things and get confused.

--
SF

vob is the fianl version of the mpeg2 file type when written to dvd's. The
difference between a svcd mpeg2 and a dvd one is the size of the movie, for
pal and svcd it's

Video:
max 2600 kbit/sec MPEG-2 (Audio + Video bitrate max bitrate is 2778 kbit/s).
480 x 576 pixels (CVD 352x576)
25 frames/second
with up to 4 Selectable CVD or SVCD Subtitles

Audio:
44100 Hz
32 - 384 kbit/sec MPEG-1 Layer2 or MPEG2 Audio
with up to 2 Audio Tracks

Extra :
Menus and chapters.
Still pictures 704x576,352x288

For DVD

PAL

Video:
Up to 9.8 Mbps* (9800 kbps*) MPEG2 video
Up to 1.856 Mbps (1856 kbps) MPEG1 video
720 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Full-D1)
704 x 576 pixels MPEG2
352 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Half-D1, same as the CVD Standard)
352 x 288 pixels MPEG2
352 x 288 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard)
25 fps*
16:9 Anamorphic (only supported by 720x576)

Audio:
48000 Hz
32 - 1536 kbps
Up to 8 audio tracks containing Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM(uncompressed audio),
MPEG-1 Layer2. One audio track must have MPEG-1, DD or PCM Audio.

Extras:
Motion menus, still pictures, up to 32 selectable subtitles, seamless
branching for multiple storylines, 9 camera angles. And also additional
DVD-ROM / data files that only can be read by computer DVD drives.

Total:
Total bitrate including video, audio and subs can be max 10.08 Mbps (10080
kbps)
Most home dvd players can only play dvds recorded at a max of 8,000k.

Taken from
http://www.videohelp.com
Which I'd suggest you visit and have a good read of as there is lots more
info. If you have bought the roxio plug in for dvd production then it will
produce dvds, so long as you have a dvd writer!!!!

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media