KVCD - 3 hours of good quality video on a single CD-R

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Has anyone tried this KVCD plug in for TMPGenc that claimed to be able
to record 3 hours of good quality video on a single CD-R disk that can
be played on a DVD player?

Regards Brian

Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:<aocv60h6lsoir0vj4pq5hpdnkiimcv6pcj@4ax.com>...
> Has anyone tried this KVCD plug in for TMPGenc that claimed to be able
> to record 3 hours of good quality video on a single CD-R disk that can
> be played on a DVD player?
>
> Regards Brian

Hi Brian I use KVCD alot. It is a great way to fit a movie on a CD-R.
You can fit any DVD onto a CD-R using KVCD, once you strip out the
extras, additional soundtracks etc. I believe any loss in quality is
incidental and has never affected my viewing pleasure. Give it a go,
it is well worth it.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Little help here.

I take it both of these are programs? I found the free version of TMPGenc
but the only thing I have been able to find for KVCD are .MCF files that I
take it you load in to TMPGenc. Is this correct or is KVCD a program or
what? Little lost here. If KVCD is a program where can I get it?

Thanks,

Jerry

"Inquitus" <paulhworld@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone tried this KVCD plug in for TMPGenc that claimed to be able
> > to record 3 hours of good quality video on a single CD-R disk that can
> > be played on a DVD player?
> >
> > Regards Brian
>
> Hi Brian I use KVCD alot. It is a great way to fit a movie on a CD-R.
> You can fit any DVD onto a CD-R using KVCD, once you strip out the
> extras, additional soundtracks etc. I believe any loss in quality is
> incidental and has never affected my viewing pleasure. Give it a go,
> it is well worth it.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

..mcf file is a template ...(with settings)
drag it in to the program folder you will probably see a few others there.

"nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Little help here.
>
> I take it both of these are programs? I found the free version of TMPGenc
> but the only thing I have been able to find for KVCD are .MCF files that I
> take it you load in to TMPGenc. Is this correct or is KVCD a program or
> what? Little lost here. If KVCD is a program where can I get it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry
>

> "Inquitus" <paulhworld@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone tried this KVCD plug in for TMPGenc that claimed to be able
> > > to record 3 hours of good quality video on a single CD-R disk that can
> > > be played on a DVD player?
> > >
> > > Regards Brian
> >
> > Hi Brian I use KVCD alot. It is a great way to fit a movie on a CD-R.
> > You can fit any DVD onto a CD-R using KVCD, once you strip out the
> > extras, additional soundtracks etc. I believe any loss in quality is
> > incidental and has never affected my viewing pleasure. Give it a go,
> > it is well worth it.

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Thanks.

Jerry

nospam wrote:
> Little help here.
>
> I take it both of these are programs? I found the free version of TMPGenc
> but the only thing I have been able to find for KVCD are .MCF files that I
> take it you load in to TMPGenc. Is this correct or is KVCD a program or
> what? Little lost here. If KVCD is a program where can I get it?

I found KVCD .MCF files at this site. Just out of curiosity where did
you find them?
TIA

paulhworld@hotmail.com (Inquitus) wrote:

>Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:<aocv60h6lsoir0vj4pq5hpdnkiimcv6pcj@4ax.com>...
>> Has anyone tried this KVCD plug in for TMPGenc that claimed to be able
>> to record 3 hours of good quality video on a single CD-R disk that can
>> be played on a DVD player?
>>
>> Regards Brian
>
>Hi Brian I use KVCD alot. It is a great way to fit a movie on a CD-R.
>You can fit any DVD onto a CD-R using KVCD, once you strip out the
>extras, additional soundtracks etc. I believe any loss in quality is
>incidental and has never affected my viewing pleasure. Give it a go,
>it is well worth it.

Thanks for your feedback Paul.
Out of interest how long did it take to create 3 hours of video?

Regards Brian

Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:<2d7390ld2f7gjtkvac7buei74ctvqgmjco@4ax.com>...
> paulhworld@hotmail.com (Inquitus) wrote:
>
> >Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:<aocv60h6lsoir0vj4pq5hpdnkiimcv6pcj@4ax.com>...
> >> Has anyone tried this KVCD plug in for TMPGenc that claimed to be able
> >> to record 3 hours of good quality video on a single CD-R disk that can
> >> be played on a DVD player?
> >>
> >> Regards Brian
> >
> >Hi Brian I use KVCD alot. It is a great way to fit a movie on a CD-R.
> >You can fit any DVD onto a CD-R using KVCD, once you strip out the
> >extras, additional soundtracks etc. I believe any loss in quality is
> >incidental and has never affected my viewing pleasure. Give it a go,
> >it is well worth it.
>
> Thanks for your feedback Paul.
> Out of interest how long did it take to create 3 hours of video?
>
> Regards Brian

Hi Brian,

I presume you have your Movie or whatever on your hard drive as an
Mpeg or whatever. You just need to re-encode it using TMPGenc and the
KVCD templates - this will take a few hours depending on your
processing power, then burn the resulting KVCD compliant Mpeg to your
CD-R as a non compliant VCD using Nero, VCD Easy or whatever.

Paul

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Same place.

Jerry

"Dixie Normus" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> nospam wrote:
> > Little help here.
> >
> > I take it both of these are programs? I found the free version of
TMPGenc
> > but the only thing I have been able to find for KVCD are .MCF files that
> > take it you load in to TMPGenc. Is this correct or is KVCD a program or
> > what? Little lost here. If KVCD is a program where can I get it?
>

> I found KVCD .MCF files at this site. Just out of curiosity where did
> you find them?
> TIA
> > http://kvcd.net/dvd-models.html

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Dixie Normus <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>nospam wrote:
>> Little help here.
>>
>> I take it both of these are programs? I found the free version of TMPGenc
>> but the only thing I have been able to find for KVCD are .MCF files that I
>> take it you load in to TMPGenc. Is this correct or is KVCD a program or
>> what? Little lost here. If KVCD is a program where can I get it?
>

>I found KVCD .MCF files at this site. Just out of curiosity where did
>you find them?
>TIA
>> http://kvcd.net/dvd-models.html

I first discovered the KVCD in the Australian computer magazine called
PC User, it was on the CD that came with the magazine. This file
should also be available at www.dvdrhelp.com

Regards Brian

Brian wrote:

> I first discovered the KVCD in the Australian computer magazine called
> PC User, it was on the CD that came with the magazine. This file
> should also be available at www.dvdrhelp.com
>
> Regards Brian

Thank you

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

>I presume you have your Movie or whatever on your hard drive as an
>Mpeg or whatever. You just need to re-encode it using TMPGenc and the
>KVCD templates - this will take a few hours depending on your
>processing power, then burn the resulting KVCD compliant Mpeg to your
>CD-R as a non compliant VCD using Nero, VCD Easy or whatever.
>
>Paul

Both 352x240 ULBR & LBR templates did not include settings for an
audio stream. Did I download the wrong files, or is KVCD only for
non-audio mpegs? Thanks.