Cannot see DVD camera in list of drives

I recently upgraded to XP and now cannot see my DVD camera in
Explorer. The USB, mass storage, etc. all indicate that the camera is
there but I cannot see it in Explorer and as a result cannot move
files from the camera to the harddrive. I am however able to use the
transfer software that came with the camera but it is not very
friendly.

How do I get XP to recognize and assign the drive in the camera?

David
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot camera list drives

    Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen click
    on Disk Management. Assign the Removable Disk (the camera) a drive letter.
    www.coribright.com

    "David Cuthill" <dave.cuthill@computalog.com> wrote in message
    >I recently upgraded to XP and now cannot see my DVD camera in
    > Explorer. The USB, mass storage, etc. all indicate that the camera is
    > there but I cannot see it in Explorer and as a result cannot move
    > files from the camera to the harddrive. I am however able to use the
    > transfer software that came with the camera but it is not very
    > friendly.
    >
    > How do I get XP to recognize and assign the drive in the camera?
    >
    > David

Video DVD Cameras Windows XP