Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ulead DVD MF 2 question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 8:30:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I want to put two 1.5 hour shows on a DVD.

Typically I just author to a folder and use DVD-Shrink to recompress as
necessary since it's fast and has really good quality.

The two shows together are about 9.2 GB.

Ulead Movie Factory gets about 95% through the multiplexing phase, and
then generates a "93006:1:0" error.

I've searched on Google and this is usually associated with either
chapter points (I have no chapter markers), or physical media errors.
Since I'm just writing to the hard drive (with 110 GB free), that
doesn't make sense either.

Is there some hard coded 9 GB ceiling in Ulead MF? Is there a
workaround? I've tried letting Ulead re-encode and I want to avoid that
at all costs, as I don't like the quality of Ulead's re-encoding.

Is there some other program I can use to generate the video_ts and
Audio_ts folders to feed into DVD-Shrink?

Thanks,
Keith

More about : ulead dvd question

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 9:51:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

A typical single layer consumer DVD disc has room for 4.37gb of video.

Are you trying to burn an .ISO file of 9gb?

Try downloading and installing the "CD/DVD BURNING PATCH" near the
bottom of the Web page at the following link:

http://www.ulead.com/tech/dmf/dmf_ftp.htm

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Keith Clark <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some hard coded 9 GB ceiling in Ulead MF?
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 12:10:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

hello,
I find a plugins or anything else that able to make old sound for a film.
Is anybody knows.

thank
Related resources
Anonymous
April 5, 2004 5:10:20 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Jerry Jones wrote:

> A typical single layer consumer DVD disc has room for 4.37gb of video.
>

Yes, I'm aware of that.


>
> Are you trying to burn an .ISO file of 9gb?
>

No, I'm trying to simply author to folders, as I said originally.

Then I was going to open the folder using DVD-Shrink to re-encode down to
fit on a DVD-R disk.


>
> Try downloading and installing the "CD/DVD BURNING PATCH" near the
> bottom of the Web page at the following link:
>
> http://www.ulead.com/tech/dmf/dmf_ftp.htm
>

OK, thanks, I'll give it a try.
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 11:05:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Jerry Jones wrote:

> A typical single layer consumer DVD disc has room for 4.37gb of video.
>
> Are you trying to burn an .ISO file of 9gb?
>
> Try downloading and installing the "CD/DVD BURNING PATCH" near the
> bottom of the Web page at the following link:
>
> http://www.ulead.com/tech/dmf/dmf_ftp.htm

I installed the patch but the behavior is the same as before.


>
>
> Jerry Jones
> http://www.jonesgroup.net
>
> Keith Clark <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there some hard coded 9 GB ceiling in Ulead MF?

Apparently MF2 is incapable of authoring >9 GB folders. Oh well.
!