Best Basic Editor

MW

I've been out of the video editing game for a while. I currently use
Vegas Video 3, but there are a few things I don't like.

I am looking for a video editor that doesn't necessarily have a lot of
bells and whistles, just:

Basic titles and transitions
Imports DV in bulk or in batches
Exports to DVD and other MPEG formats
Allows batch processing so I can set up a job to export to MPEG-2,
edit another video, then set that job up, then finally run all jobs.

Ease of use would be bonus.

Anything fit that description?

Thanks,
Matt

MW wrote:
> I currently use Vegas Video 3, but there are a few things I don't like.

What might those things be, Matt?

MW <avo163@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been out of the video editing game for a while. I currently use
> Vegas Video 3, but there are a few things I don't like.
>
> I am looking for a video editor that doesn't necessarily have a lot of
> bells and whistles, just:
>
> Basic titles and transitions
> Imports DV in bulk or in batches
> Exports to DVD and other MPEG formats
> Allows batch processing so I can set up a job to export to MPEG-2,
> edit another video, then set that job up, then finally run all jobs.
>
> Ease of use would be bonus.
>
> Anything fit that description?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Yeah. Stick with the package you already have.
I've been working with Vegas 4 for less than a year (home and work) and my
only complaint is the render time - which can be drastically reduced with a
faster processor.
I do batch captures all the time by entering the time codes of the clips I
want. You have to log your footage to do this but I'm used to doing this
anyway.
Batch processing of any format you want is a simple script from the Sundance
collection.
You can have multiple copies of Vegas open at the same time and be doing
different things on each one.
Vegas 5 and DVD Architect are coming out in a few weeks.

Mike