Best Basic Editor

I've been out of the video editing game for a while. I currently use
Vegas Video 3, but there are a few things I don't like.

I am looking for a video editor that doesn't necessarily have a lot of
bells and whistles, just:

Basic titles and transitions
Imports DV in bulk or in batches
Exports to DVD and other MPEG formats
Allows batch processing so I can set up a job to export to MPEG-2,
edit another video, then set that job up, then finally run all jobs.

Ease of use would be bonus.

Anything fit that description?

Thanks,
Matt
2 answers Last reply
More about best basic editor

    MW wrote:
    > I currently use Vegas Video 3, but there are a few things I don't like.

    What might those things be, Matt?

    MW <avo163@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I've been out of the video editing game for a while. I currently use
    > Vegas Video 3, but there are a few things I don't like.
    >
    > I am looking for a video editor that doesn't necessarily have a lot of
    > bells and whistles, just:
    >
    > Basic titles and transitions
    > Imports DV in bulk or in batches
    > Exports to DVD and other MPEG formats
    > Allows batch processing so I can set up a job to export to MPEG-2,
    > edit another video, then set that job up, then finally run all jobs.
    >
    > Ease of use would be bonus.
    >
    > Anything fit that description?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Matt

    Yeah. Stick with the package you already have.
    I've been working with Vegas 4 for less than a year (home and work) and my
    only complaint is the render time - which can be drastically reduced with a
    faster processor.
    I do batch captures all the time by entering the time codes of the clips I
    want. You have to log your footage to do this but I'm used to doing this
    anyway.
    Batch processing of any format you want is a simple script from the Sundance
    collection.
    You can have multiple copies of Vegas open at the same time and be doing
    different things on each one.
    Vegas 5 and DVD Architect are coming out in a few weeks.

    Mike

Tuner Cards Video Video Editing Basic Graphics