ReClock for smooth video playback on Windows

Just wondering if any of you use this:
http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/

I've recently installed it and I'm amazed how smooth video playback is now.

-WD

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:Xi2cc.1354$Qv6.677@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> Just wondering if any of you use this:
> http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/
>
> I've recently installed it and I'm amazed how smooth video playback is now.

What's your hardware config? Installing such a DS filter is definitely
not a good idea if one has audio capture capabilities on a dedicated
capture card, or is using a capture card that uses VFW drivers and
is not DS compatible, or a video card that is not DX9 compatible
at least via software emulation (e.g. GF1).

Rick

"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Just wondering if any of you use this:
> http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/
>
> I've recently installed it and I'm amazed how smooth video playback is
now.

> -WD

Interesting, I wonder if it could be made into a plug-in
for TMPGEnc DVD Author and other "MPEG Editors/
Authors"? Input filter plugins are sometimes used by
such SW. Maybe it could be a shell for an audio codex?

Luck;
Ken

Rick wrote:

> "Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:Xi2cc.1354$Qv6.677@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>
>>Just wondering if any of you use this:
>>http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/
>>
>>I've recently installed it and I'm amazed how smooth video playback is now.
>

> What's your hardware config? Installing such a DS filter is definitely
> not a good idea if one has audio capture capabilities on a dedicated
> capture card, or is using a capture card that uses VFW drivers and
> is not DS compatible, or a video card that is not DX9 compatible
> at least via software emulation (e.g. GF1).

Care to elaborate? ReClock is a playback filter, so I don't see how
my capture devices would have anything to do with it.

But since you asked:
Geforce 256 with video capture (Asus V6600 Deluxe)
Pinnacle DC10+
Pinnacle Deluxe (AVDV)

I also play back recordings from a PVR-250, but that card is in a
separate machine.

-WD

Ken Maltby wrote:
> "Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Just wondering if any of you use this:
>>http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/
>>
>>I've recently installed it and I'm amazed how smooth video playback is
>
> now.
>

>>-WD
>

> Interesting, I wonder if it could be made into a plug-in
> for TMPGEnc DVD Author and other "MPEG Editors/
> Authors"? Input filter plugins are sometimes used by
> such SW. Maybe it could be a shell for an audio codex?

It's a playback filter that provides VSYNC capabilities for steady
playback. I don't see how it could be used in the manner that you
describe.

-WD

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 01:07:03 GMT, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>Just wondering if any of you use this:
>http://ogo.nerim.net/reclockfilter/

I'm using it to speed up 23.976 fps video files to 25 fps for PAL
tv-out. I also use ReClock's dynamic range compression (for audio).