Two hard drives?

I have my computer all upgraded and ready to rock and roll for
converting/editing/putting to DVD all of my old 8mm and vhs home movies but I
have a question about my new additional 200gb hard drive (internal) I added.
To make this process go faster how do I use both drives? What I mean is do I
put all of my video on the new drive then edit to my C drive? How about the
software? Should it stay on the "C" drive or should I move everything (video
and software) to the clean new hard drive. I have a 65 gb free a on the main
drive C also. My computer...P4 2.5gz... 1 GB ram... 120mb WD HD... 200 GB
Maxtor had 8mb cash..128 ati 9700 pro graphics ...new NEC 16x DVD r-/+ rw
NEC..xp home sp-2...Ulead disk creator 3.0 but I think I will use the
software that came with xp. Thanks!

You might install xp to the new drive and use wdc as slave.You can set maxtor
to slave on same IDE chain with wdc,then in xp,go to run,type:diskmgmt.msc
In msc,R.click on maxtors unallocated space,then select format,when its thru
exit msc.Then go to run,type:XCOPY C:\*.* D:\ /c/h/e/k/r
Agree to all in the DOS window,when its thru,exit xp,shutdown computer,set
maxtor at end of IDE chain,and set the jumper pin to master,set wdc as slave.
Start computer,if....xp wont start,then install xp cd,boot to xp cd,select
install
xp,repair this copy,10% need a repair.As far as slave goes,use as
storage,install
seldom used software to slave,set wmp to store in slave,etc...