Help: flashing video on and off

Help !!

I'm new and not good at this but I'm trying to go from a TV recording on
VHS to a CD on a Sony desktop using "Giga Pocket".

Some VHS recordings work just fine...but some of my VHS tapes play back
fine on the VCR but on/off/on/off when I play it into the Sony. This makes
it impossible to get a copy.

I suspect this has to do with the original VHS record quality but I don't
know.

Any way to fix this ?

All help appreciated.

HtH

>Help !!
>
> I'm new and not good at this but I'm trying to go from a TV recording on
>VHS to a CD on a Sony desktop using "Giga Pocket".
>
> Some VHS recordings work just fine...but some of my VHS tapes play back
>fine on the VCR but on/off/on/off when I play it into the Sony. This makes
>it impossible to get a copy.
>
> I suspect this has to do with the original VHS record quality but I don't
>know.
>
> Any way to fix this ?
>
> All help appreciated.
>
>HtH

Sounds like the VHS tapes you're having problems with are commercial
(factory-made) tapes with Macrovision anti-piracy protection. The "on-off-on"
is a symptom of this protection. You can buy a "stabilizer"box for US$50 or so
that also removes the Macrovision. Or, you could buy the same movies on
DVD...a much better solution.

webpa

"WEBPA" <webpa@aol.com> wrote in message
> >Help !!
> >
> > I'm new and not good at this but I'm trying to go from a TV recording
on
> >VHS to a CD on a Sony desktop using "Giga Pocket".
> >
> > Some VHS recordings work just fine...but some of my VHS tapes play back
> >fine on the VCR but on/off/on/off when I play it into the Sony. This
makes
> >it impossible to get a copy.
> >
> > I suspect this has to do with the original VHS record quality but I
don't
> >know.
> >
> > Any way to fix this ?
> >
> > All help appreciated.
> >
> >HtH
> >

> Sounds like the VHS tapes you're having problems with are commercial
> (factory-made) tapes with Macrovision anti-piracy protection. The
"on-off-on"
> is a symptom of this protection. You can buy a "stabilizer"box for US$50
or so
> that also removes the Macrovision.
Or, you could buy the same movies on
> DVD...a much better solution.
>

> webpa

I think you are right. Thanks for the help. However, these are old
commercial TV VHS tapes and are one of a kind...so I can't buy them on DVD
:-(

HtH

Heidi:

For VAIO's,you need to go to:
http://pub173.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony. Some of the best advice,
laid out well for searching on specific Sony hardware and software
problems. Giga Pocket has more than its share of problems.