PLay mp3 files on PPC via BT?

May 14, 2004 7:35:41 PM

Not seen this one asked before.....assume my PPC and PC are
connected via BT, is there any way that I can play mp3 files
stored on the PC, on the PPC (and ideally take the output
through the headphone socket to an amp/speakers)?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com&gt;

More about : play mp3 files ppc

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 7:35:42 PM

In article <c7m9a0hro6bgdr06lanvvh3v72t5rbiqgo@4ax.com>, Bryan Anderson wrote:
> Not seen this one asked before.....assume my PPC and PC are
> connected via BT, is there any way that I can play mp3 files
> stored on the PC, on the PPC

Yep, you sure can. I'm doing just that with a shared folder of MP3s
on the PC, and playing them over BT using Pocket Player on my iPAQ 4150.

Regards,

--
Jonathan Hunt
http://www.0ld.net/

On Friday, Jonathan Hunt wrote:

> Yep, you sure can. I'm doing just that with a shared folder
> of MP3s on the PC, and playing them over BT using Pocket Player
> on my iPAQ 4150.

Okay....maybe my question shouldn't have been "can you", but "how
do I?" I've downloaded the demo of Pocket Player but can only see
files on the iPaq or the storage card. I think I have made a Blue
Tooth connection to the PC but am not sure.....are there any walk
throughs on accessing Windows shared directories via BT on PPC?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com&gt;
May 14, 2004 9:41:02 PM

Bryan Anderson wrote:

> On Friday, Jonathan Hunt wrote:
>

>>Yep, you sure can. I'm doing just that with a shared folder
>>of MP3s on the PC, and playing them over BT using Pocket Player
>>on my iPAQ 4150.
>

> Okay....maybe my question shouldn't have been "can you", but "how
> do I?" I've downloaded the demo of Pocket Player but can only see
> files on the iPaq or the storage card. I think I have made a Blue
> Tooth connection to the PC but am not sure.....are there any walk
> throughs on accessing Windows shared directories via BT on PPC?

The shared directory is syncd like pim data so I don't think this is
really a solution. A shared directory merely copies the data from the pc
to the pda via active sync. You can either set up regular usb or
Bluetooth activesync and the results should be the same.

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede

Interested question Bryan....I am looking for some answers about this
subject.
please answer guys.

Nic.

"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@anderson-it.com> a écrit dans le message de
> On Friday, Jonathan Hunt wrote:
>
> > Yep, you sure can. I'm doing just that with a shared folder
> > of MP3s on the PC, and playing them over BT using Pocket Player
> > on my iPAQ 4150.
>
> Okay....maybe my question shouldn't have been "can you", but "how
> do I?" I've downloaded the demo of Pocket Player but can only see
> files on the iPaq or the storage card. I think I have made a Blue
> Tooth connection to the PC but am not sure.....are there any walk
> throughs on accessing Windows shared directories via BT on PPC?
>
> --
> Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com&gt;
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:31:44 AM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:17:27 -0500, Jonathan Hunt <jonathan@xlcus.com>
wrote:

>Yep, you sure can. I'm doing just that with a shared folder of MP3s
>on the PC, and playing them over BT using Pocket Player on my iPAQ 4150.

I prefer an audio streaming with shoutcast software.
!