C00D1199

i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows media
player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont
know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for one
but cant find one that matches.
4 answers Last reply
More about c00d1199

    WMP error codes

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "ofauco" <ofauco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows
    media
    > player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont
    > know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for
    one
    > but cant find one that matches.

    As I am a total novice, please could you explain what I do with the
    infomation, provided by Microsoft on your link, to alleviate the problem
    error 'C00D 1199'

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > WMP error codes
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx
    >

    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "ofauco" <ofauco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows
    > media
    > > player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont
    > > know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for
    > one
    > > but cant find one that matches.

    What it means is that the file type you are trying to play is not supported
    by windows media player or you do not have the right codec installed on your
    system to play it. Say you are trying to play a.mov quicktime file on WMP,
    this is not supported, or you were trying to play a dvd file and you didn't
    have any dvd playing software installed which would supply wmp with the
    right codec.
    Do you know what the file type is you are trying to play?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "glynnnn1" <glynnnn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > As I am a total novice, please could you explain what I do with the
    > infomation, provided by Microsoft on your link, to alleviate the problem
    > error 'C00D 1199'
    >
    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > WMP error codes

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx

    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "ofauco" <ofauco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows
    > > media
    > > > player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i
    dont
    > > > know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks
    for
    > > one
    > > > but cant find one that matches.

    the file type I am trying to play is .asf

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > What it means is that the file type you are trying to play is not supported
    > by windows media player or you do not have the right codec installed on your
    > system to play it. Say you are trying to play a.mov quicktime file on WMP,
    > this is not supported, or you were trying to play a dvd file and you didn't
    > have any dvd playing software installed which would supply wmp with the
    > right codec.
    > Do you know what the file type is you are trying to play?
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > Laird of Glencairn
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "glynnnn1" <glynnnn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > As I am a total novice, please could you explain what I do with the
    > > infomation, provided by Microsoft on your link, to alleviate the problem
    > > error 'C00D 1199'
    > >
    > > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    > >
    > > > WMP error codes
    > > >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx