C00D1199

January 8, 2005 8:29:01 AM

i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows media
player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont
know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for one
but cant find one that matches.

More about : c00d1199

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 8:15:47 PM

WMP error codes

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/p...

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"ofauco" <ofauco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows
media
> player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont
> know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for
one
> but cant find one that matches.

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 3:19:07 PM

As I am a total novice, please could you explain what I do with the
infomation, provided by Microsoft on your link, to alleviate the problem
error 'C00D 1199'

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> WMP error codes
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/p...
>

> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "ofauco" <ofauco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows
> media
> > player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i dont
> > know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks for
> one
> > but cant find one that matches.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 2:00:02 AM

What it means is that the file type you are trying to play is not supported
by windows media player or you do not have the right codec installed on your
system to play it. Say you are trying to play a.mov quicktime file on WMP,
this is not supported, or you were trying to play a dvd file and you didn't
have any dvd playing software installed which would supply wmp with the
right codec.
Do you know what the file type is you are trying to play?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"glynnnn1" <glynnnn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As I am a total novice, please could you explain what I do with the
> infomation, provided by Microsoft on your link, to alleviate the problem
> error 'C00D 1199'
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > WMP error codes

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/p...

> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "ofauco" <ofauco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > i downloaded a video file and it wont play saying that either Windows
> > media
> > > player has encountered an unknown error or giving me this code and i
dont
> > > know how to fix it. i have a feeling i need a new codec as it looks
for
> > one
> > > but cant find one that matches.

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 12:21:02 PM

the file type I am trying to play is .asf

!