.dv file conversion help

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Using Quicktime 4 Pro to convert a DV file to .dv for a client for use
with Final Cut.
After the conversion the file size is reduced by almost 2/3's. This
can't be right. All it should be doing is stripping off the wrapper and
that's not that large.

Any thoughts? Any other say to do this correctly?

Thanks!

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

....let me add...

I'm running W2K w/NTFS drives so large files are no problem for me.

The original file is 2.9 gigs. The output file from QT is onlyt 991 megs!

If I do smaller size files they are only a few K less than the original
after .dv conversion.