Original HL on XP

Hi!

I tried to reinstall the original HL on my new computer. After upgrading to
1.1.1.0 I tried to play online but I got an error message about my version
of HL not being up to date or corrupted. A search on the internet, by the
program, found no update available. Could it be a problem with my D-Link
firewall ?

Thx to all!

Pierre Desmarais wrote:

> I tried to reinstall the original HL on my new computer. After upgrading to
> 1.1.1.0 I tried to play online but I got an error message about my version
> of HL not being up to date or corrupted. A search on the internet, by the
> program, found no update available. Could it be a problem with my D-Link
> firewall ?

?
You asked the exact same thing a couple of days ago

Get the newest HL version through Steam
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow

The 1.1.1.0 version authenticated through WON authentication servers
These servers has been shutdown some time ago (nearly a year I think)
A new authentication system has been setup, you need a Steam client in
order to use this system

Work has/is been done to use either nonWON or nonSteam authentication
to play online
This is mostly focused on the CS 1.5 -> CS 1.6 -> CS:S arena
Note! These systems is not supported by Valve

Sorry Peter,
I dont know what happened but my message post itself again in the middle of
the night! I only did it ounce....

rgds

"Pierre Desmarais" <pierrede@9bit.com> wrote
> I dont know what happened but my message post itself again in the middle
of
> the night! I only did it ounce....

Have you tried exorcising the demons? At all times you leave your computer
unattended, you should surround it with a circle of salt. That'll stop the
pesky blighters.
- -
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com