Help - unable to use more than one audio track in sequence

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2004 11:44:11 PM

Archived from groups: adobe.premiere.windows,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I am having a strange problem with Adobe Premiere Pro dealing with
audio files.

I am only able to drag audio files into one audio track in my timeline
even though I have several others that are available, meaning they are
not locked. When I click and drag I get the "overlay" symbol (looks
like a pause icon with a downward arrow in the middle)but am not able
to place audio in any other tracks. I can put multiple audio files in
one track (side by side) but I want to layer my sounds.

Also, it looks to me like all my audio files are being given the same
color "label" in the project "bin" from where I am dragging the files
out of. All the audio files are MP3's, are colors assigned by file
type?

I've tried searching for a solution to this problem in the newsgroups
and on the Web but so far have not been able to find even a mention of
this odd behavior.

Does anyone have an idea what I should try next to fix this?
Anonymous
April 6, 2004 2:55:15 AM

Archived from groups: adobe.premiere.windows,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> out of. All the audio files are MP3's, are colors assigned by file
> type?

> Does anyone have an idea what I should try next to fix this?

I would decode the mp3 files to wav format before importing into PP.
!