DVD soft player for PCM ?

I recently encoded a DVD with an uncompressed PCM soundtrack.
I figured, there was space, so why not?

The disk plays fine in a Pioneer home theater player.
However, WinDVD plays it without sound, I suppose because it lacks support
for PCM.

Is there a software player that supports PCM?

Robert Morein wrote:

> I recently encoded a DVD with an uncompressed PCM soundtrack.
> I figured, there was space, so why not?
>
> The disk plays fine in a Pioneer home theater player.
> However, WinDVD plays it without sound, I suppose because it lacks support
> for PCM.
>
> Is there a software player that supports PCM?

You should consider changing that PCM to AC3. Probably have better
support on most DVD players including winDVD. However, have you tried
changing the settings in winDVD?

-Richard

"Richard Ragon" <bsema01@hanaho.com> wrote in message
> Robert Morein wrote:
>
> > I recently encoded a DVD with an uncompressed PCM soundtrack.
> > I figured, there was space, so why not?
> >
> > The disk plays fine in a Pioneer home theater player.
> > However, WinDVD plays it without sound, I suppose because it lacks
support
> > for PCM.
> >
> > Is there a software player that supports PCM?
>
> You should consider changing that PCM to AC3. Probably have better
> support on most DVD players including winDVD. However, have you tried
> changing the settings in winDVD?

I am not aware that there are settings in winDVD that would enable this. Are
there?

Unfortunately, I lost the authoring file for the DVD. I have all the source
materials, but I would have to recreate the menus and chapter points. The
work is not currently justifiable.

Since this is monophonic material, why AC3 as opposed to mp2? I have a handy
tmpgenc encoder for mp2, but no equivalent tool for AC3.