No sound on captured video

Can somebody plpe tell me why i am not havin any sound on the video i
captured form my camcorder using the movie maker.I had no problem
capturing,editin and saving my video but the sounds form the video was just
not there.I tried adjusting the audio input settings,the page that comes up
after clicking on "capture video" but still i have no sounds.

At what point is the sound missing? When it's been captured? If so use
firewire not usb if you can.
After editing and you have saved the file? If so, ensure you have the sound
turned up in MM.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"walata" <walata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can somebody plpe tell me why i am not havin any sound on the video i
> captured form my camcorder using the movie maker.I had no problem
> capturing,editin and saving my video but the sounds form the video was
just
> not there.I tried adjusting the audio input settings,the page that comes
up
> after clicking on "capture video" but still i have no sounds.

mb

I'm having the same problem. When you are viewing when recording are you
able to hear the sound from the VHS tape?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> At what point is the sound missing? When it's been captured? If so use
> firewire not usb if you can.
> After editing and you have saved the file? If so, ensure you have the sound
> turned up in MM.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "walata" <walata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can somebody plpe tell me why i am not havin any sound on the video i
> > captured form my camcorder using the movie maker.I had no problem
> > capturing,editin and saving my video but the sounds form the video was
> just
> > not there.I tried adjusting the audio input settings,the page that comes
> up
> > after clicking on "capture video" but still i have no sounds.

MB, how are you capturing the vhs tape? Via an anlogue capture card?
Analogue to digital convertor? Graphics card? If the first check your
connections are ok and the neccessary settings in the capture app are set to
include sound/not mute it etc. If two, then the same applies, if three then
you need seperate audio connections to your sound card and you need to
select the sound card as the audio device in the app which came with your
graphics card for capturing.

If it's just sound whilst capturing with Movie Maker, it doesn't do this,
sound should though be recorded if set up correctly as above.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem. When you are viewing when recording are you
> able to hear the sound from the VHS tape?
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > At what point is the sound missing? When it's been captured? If so use
> > firewire not usb if you can.
> > After editing and you have saved the file? If so, ensure you have the
sound
> > turned up in MM.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "walata" <walata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Can somebody plpe tell me why i am not havin any sound on the video i
> > > captured form my camcorder using the movie maker.I had no problem
> > > capturing,editin and saving my video but the sounds form the video was
> > just
> > > not there.I tried adjusting the audio input settings,the page that
comes
> > up
> > > after clicking on "capture video" but still i have no sounds.

mb

I am using a Pinnacle device from my VHS to my computer using a usb
connection. Three wires come out of my VHS, 2 audio and one picture. This
worked with my previous computer with windows XP

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> MB, how are you capturing the vhs tape? Via an anlogue capture card?
> Analogue to digital convertor? Graphics card? If the first check your
> connections are ok and the neccessary settings in the capture app are set to
> include sound/not mute it etc. If two, then the same applies, if three then
> you need seperate audio connections to your sound card and you need to
> select the sound card as the audio device in the app which came with your
> graphics card for capturing.
>
> If it's just sound whilst capturing with Movie Maker, it doesn't do this,
> sound should though be recorded if set up correctly as above.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> Laird of Glencairn
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having the same problem. When you are viewing when recording are you
> > able to hear the sound from the VHS tape?
> >
> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> > > At what point is the sound missing? When it's been captured? If so use
> > > firewire not usb if you can.
> > > After editing and you have saved the file? If so, ensure you have the
> sound
> > > turned up in MM.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Graham Hughes
> > > MVP Digital Media
> > > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > > www.simplydv.com
> > >

> > > "walata" <walata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > just
> comes
> > > up

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I'm having the same problem. I have a Pinnacle Linx USB cable. It takes
RCA in one end and USB on the other. I capture the video fine but no audio
at all. Mine used to work too but I haven't used it for wuite a while.
Let me know if you figure it out.

>I am using a Pinnacle device from my VHS to my computer using a usb
> connection. Three wires come out of my VHS, 2 audio and one picture.
> This
> worked with my previous computer with windows XP
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> MB, how are you capturing the vhs tape? Via an anlogue capture card?
>> Analogue to digital convertor? Graphics card? If the first check your
>> connections are ok and the neccessary settings in the capture app are set
>> include sound/not mute it etc. If two, then the same applies, if three
>> then
>> you need seperate audio connections to your sound card and you need to
>> select the sound card as the audio device in the app which came with your
>> graphics card for capturing.
>>
>> If it's just sound whilst capturing with Movie Maker, it doesn't do this,
>> sound should though be recorded if set up correctly as above.
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> Laird of Glencairn
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com
>>

>> "MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm having the same problem. When you are viewing when recording are
>> > you
>> > able to hear the sound from the VHS tape?

>> sound

>> comes

Check out www.papajohn.org and see the analogue capture section and then the
Pinnacle part to see if that helps.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem. I have a Pinnacle Linx USB cable. It takes
> RCA in one end and USB on the other. I capture the video fine but no
audio
> at all. Mine used to work too but I haven't used it for wuite a while.
> Let me know if you figure it out.
>

> "MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a Pinnacle device from my VHS to my computer using a usb
> > connection. Three wires come out of my VHS, 2 audio and one picture.
> > This
> > worked with my previous computer with windows XP
> >
> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> >> MB, how are you capturing the vhs tape? Via an anlogue capture card?
> >> Analogue to digital convertor? Graphics card? If the first check your
> >> connections are ok and the neccessary settings in the capture app are
set
> >> include sound/not mute it etc. If two, then the same applies, if three
> >> then
> >> you need seperate audio connections to your sound card and you need to
> >> select the sound card as the audio device in the app which came with
your
> >> graphics card for capturing.
> >>
> >> If it's just sound whilst capturing with Movie Maker, it doesn't do
this,
> >> sound should though be recorded if set up correctly as above.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> Laird of Glencairn
> >> www.dvds2treasure.com
> >> www.simplydv.com
> >>

> >> "MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> sound

> >> comes

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks but I don't see anything there about this problem.

"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> Check out www.papajohn.org and see the analogue capture section and then
> the
> Pinnacle part to see if that helps.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> Laird of Glencairn
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having the same problem. I have a Pinnacle Linx USB cable. It takes
>> RCA in one end and USB on the other. I capture the video fine but no
> audio
>> at all. Mine used to work too but I haven't used it for wuite a while.
>> Let me know if you figure it out.
>>

>> "MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using a Pinnacle device from my VHS to my computer using a usb
>> > connection. Three wires come out of my VHS, 2 audio and one picture.
>> > This
>> > worked with my previous computer with windows XP

> set
> your

> this,

> the

> video
> video
> that

I thought there might be some pointers as to what may be going wrong, I've
not managed to read all the pages on Papajohn's site.
What are your audio leads from the analogue source connected to? Do they
need to be connected to the audio card adn ensure that line in on the audio
card is selected.

--

> Thanks but I don't see anything there about this problem.
>

> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Check out www.papajohn.org and see the analogue capture section and then
> > the
> > Pinnacle part to see if that helps.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > Laird of Glencairn
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm having the same problem. I have a Pinnacle Linx USB cable. It
takes
> >> RCA in one end and USB on the other. I capture the video fine but no
> > audio
> >> at all. Mine used to work too but I haven't used it for wuite a
while.
> >> Let me know if you figure it out.
> >>

> >> "MB" <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > set
> > your

> > this,

> > the

> > video
> > video
> > that

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

No, the Pinnacle Linx USB device have RCA plugs for the input (video=yellow
and audio=white and red). Then the output is USB. I had it working a year
ago, then last summer had this same problem (video but no audio). The in
November it worked fine and I captured about 15 home movies from my VCR.
Then last week I went to use it and no audio again. Since it's an older
capture device, I wondered about it's compatibility. But at times it has
worked perfectly. It has me baffled.

>I thought there might be some pointers as to what may be going wrong, I've
> not managed to read all the pages on Papajohn's site.
> What are your audio leads from the analogue source connected to? Do they
> need to be connected to the audio card adn ensure that line in on the
> audio
> card is selected.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> Laird of Glencairn
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks but I don't see anything there about this problem.
>>

>> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Check out www.papajohn.org and see the analogue capture section and
>> > then
>> > the
>> > Pinnacle part to see if that helps.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > Laird of Glencairn
>> > www.dvds2treasure.com
>> > www.simplydv.com
>> >

>> > "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> takes
>> > audio
> while.

> your
> are
>> > set
> three
>> > your

>> > this,

> so
> have
>> > the

>> > video
>> > video
>> > that

Are you using studio 7/8 or 9 to capture? If so, do you need to do anything
with the audio settings in that app?

--

> No, the Pinnacle Linx USB device have RCA plugs for the input
(video=yellow
> and audio=white and red). Then the output is USB. I had it working a
year
> ago, then last summer had this same problem (video but no audio). The in
> November it worked fine and I captured about 15 home movies from my VCR.
> Then last week I went to use it and no audio again. Since it's an older
> capture device, I wondered about it's compatibility. But at times it has
> worked perfectly. It has me baffled.
>

> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> >I thought there might be some pointers as to what may be going wrong,
I've
> > not managed to read all the pages on Papajohn's site.
> > What are your audio leads from the analogue source connected to? Do they
> > need to be connected to the audio card adn ensure that line in on the
> > audio
> > card is selected.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > Laird of Glencairn
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Thanks but I don't see anything there about this problem.
> >>

> >> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message

> > takes
> > while.

> > your
> > are
> > three

If
> > so
> > have

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I'm currently using Nero's VisionExpress but have tried other software too
with the same problem. Yes, I've tried every audio setting imaginable.

> Are you using studio 7/8 or 9 to capture? If so, do you need to do
> anything
> with the audio settings in that app?
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> Laird of Glencairn
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No, the Pinnacle Linx USB device have RCA plugs for the input
> (video=yellow
>> and audio=white and red). Then the output is USB. I had it working a
> year
>> ago, then last summer had this same problem (video but no audio). The
>> in
>> November it worked fine and I captured about 15 home movies from my VCR.
>> Then last week I went to use it and no audio again. Since it's an older
>> capture device, I wondered about it's compatibility. But at times it has
>> worked perfectly. It has me baffled.
>>

>> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >I thought there might be some pointers as to what may be going wrong,
> I've
>> > not managed to read all the pages on Papajohn's site.
>> > What are your audio leads from the analogue source connected to? Do
>> > they
>> > need to be connected to the audio card adn ensure that line in on the
>> > audio
>> > card is selected.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Graham Hughes
>> > MVP Digital Media
>> > Laird of Glencairn
>> > www.dvds2treasure.com
>> > www.simplydv.com
>> >

>> > "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > takes
> no
>> > while.

>> > your
>> > are
>> > three
> need

> do

> recording

> If
>> > so
>> > have

> the
> the
> page
> sounds.

My last idea.
Ask in the pinnacle forum?

That's me finished I think, sorry.

--

> I'm currently using Nero's VisionExpress but have tried other software too
> with the same problem. Yes, I've tried every audio setting imaginable.
>

> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Are you using studio 7/8 or 9 to capture? If so, do you need to do
> > anything
> > with the audio settings in that app?
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > Laird of Glencairn
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "Dave" <funinatl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> No, the Pinnacle Linx USB device have RCA plugs for the input
> > (video=yellow
> >> and audio=white and red). Then the output is USB. I had it working a
> > year
> >> ago, then last summer had this same problem (video but no audio). The
> >> in
> >> November it worked fine and I captured about 15 home movies from my
VCR.
> >> Then last week I went to use it and no audio again. Since it's an
older
> >> capture device, I wondered about it's compatibility. But at times it
has
> >> worked perfectly. It has me baffled.
> >>

> >> "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I've

It
> > no

> > need

> > do

> > recording

> > If

> > the
> > the
> > page
> > sounds.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I'll try it there. Thanks for your effort.