USB x 1394

wonder if I can get a better quality video by buying a 1394 pci card instead
of using my USB 2.0 port to transfer videos? Any idea?
2 answers Last reply
More about 1394

    yeah i just installed a firewire card on my PC. i also just got a dvd burner
    but haven't tried it yet. i can say this. i made a video CD using USB and
    the video and sound were definitely out of synch and it sounded terrible. Go
    with the firewire.
    SP

    "FK" wrote:

    > wonder if I can get a better quality video by buying a 1394 pci card instead
    > of using my USB 2.0 port to transfer videos? Any idea?

    I have used both. My results were acceptable with both. I believe the
    firewire (1394 card) has a little better quality. And it does solve the
    problem of the audio and video being out of sync. I had a lot of that with
    the usb, but I wasn't sure if it was the capture device, my editing program,
    me or what. I just read recently that Firewire is better in that regard. It
    seems to be true so far.
    "FK" <FK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > wonder if I can get a better quality video by buying a 1394 pci card
    > instead
    > of using my USB 2.0 port to transfer videos? Any idea?

Video USB Microsoft Windows XP