USB x 1394

January 10, 2005 12:07:04 PM

wonder if I can get a better quality video by buying a 1394 pci card instead
of using my USB 2.0 port to transfer videos? Any idea?

More about : usb 1394

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 8:45:02 PM

yeah i just installed a firewire card on my PC. i also just got a dvd burner
but haven't tried it yet. i can say this. i made a video CD using USB and
the video and sound were definitely out of synch and it sounded terrible. Go
with the firewire.
SP

"FK" wrote:

> wonder if I can get a better quality video by buying a 1394 pci card instead
> of using my USB 2.0 port to transfer videos? Any idea?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:39:44 PM

I have used both. My results were acceptable with both. I believe the
firewire (1394 card) has a little better quality. And it does solve the
problem of the audio and video being out of sync. I had a lot of that with
the usb, but I wasn't sure if it was the capture device, my editing program,
me or what. I just read recently that Firewire is better in that regard. It
seems to be true so far.
!