Unreal Tournament 2004 Special Edition?

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
Does anyone know what happened with the UT2004 special edition DVD?
I had pre-ordered a copy (from Best Buy) in mid-February and received an e-mail on March 10th saying that if it couldn't be shipped in a timely manner then the order would be cancelled. Today I received another e-mail saying that the order had, indeed been cancelled. I can't find any other info about it on the web.
Thanks.

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Maybe BB sold through their entire allotment before they got to your pre-order? I dont know man. I pre-ordered from EBGames.com on March 3rd, and it was shipped out today according to thier website.

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I think you're right. I've found some other info now that suggests it has sold out. Its surprising, considering I placed an order a little over a month ago. There must've been alot of preorders for it to go that quick.

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
Best buys supply of SE's were supposed to be first come first served only. There are no preorders or reservations.

I got one yesterday and was lucky to do so. I had went in tuesday looking but nothing ,Stoped by yesterday afternoon about 2:30 and they had a shelf full of the CD versions. A sales rep approached me and said, "can I help you find anything sir?" I said are you all out of the UT2004 SE's yet? He looked at me strange and said "I dont think we got any of those yet. I looked at him strange and said "dont BS me dude, where are they? he said let me look. In about 2 minutes another guy walked out with a arm full of them (5) and I grabbed one and so did another guy and he put the other 3 on the shelf.

P4 1.8a @ 2.25, Radeon 9800Pro 380/340, 512mb Corsair xms DDR333, Audigy 2ZS on Boston Acoustics B7800 4.1's, Western Digital 7200rpm 80gb SE, Antec True Power 480W<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by twc on 03/18/04 09:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Lumathix

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
Bought a copy at Best Buy today at lunch, but I didn't see any SE boxes.

<font color=blue> "A man is not finished when he is defeated, he is finished when he quits" - President R.M. Nixon </font color=blue>

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
LMFAO, good for you dude, Tell those Stupid ass F***ers at best buy to kiss your A**
I dont think them punks want to be bothered. Shouldnt have to kick start them fools to get your stuff. They should know what they are doing. I mean hell, The cashiers at Walmart no thier jobs right?
Anyhoo, whats special about the 2K4 SE dvd edition? i havent done any reading on it. I just bought reg game yesterday.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with ithcy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
The SE came with a Logitech (I believe) headset (headphones and microphone), and a bonus (woo hoo!) DVD with special features like tutorials on using the map making tools, tips on gameplay and assorted other (mostly) useless stuff. It was listed as the same price as the "normal" version, so you got more for the same price.

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
Ya, its nothing real special. I liked the idea of the 1 DVD as apposed to 6 CD's, I didnt expect much from the headset, as a matter of fact i have not even opened them yet. Had a nice shiney metal case. A limited edition I guess.

P4 1.8a @ 2.25, Radeon 9800Pro 380/340, 512mb Corsair xms DDR333, Audigy 2ZS on Boston Acoustics B7800 4.1's, Western Digital 7200rpm 80gb SE, Antec True Power 480W

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
All the stores in my city said the only recieved enough to account for the pre-orders... mind you I know they all got a few extra, but you won't find them for sale anywhere except on ebay (for a stupidly high price).

6 CDs sucks, I think they should have put the game on dvd/cd for regular editions as well.. just w/o the extra features and headset.

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
If you don't want the headset, send it to me. I'll pay for the shipping.

mmttheocking@hotmail.com :)

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?