Sign in with
Your question

Bluetooth on/off

Last response: in Windows 7
December 27, 2010 5:59:33 AM

Hi all

I want to know why my bluetooth won't turn off. There is no physical switch on my computer, just a keyboard combination to turn 54g WiFi on/off.

- I've tried turning wifi on and off with that keyboard switch
- I've tried right clicking the icon and then "Turn Adapter Off", but it doesn't do anything
- Tried using the bluetooth settings dialogue, selected "Turn Adapter Off" checkbox and clicked OK, but there is still no response

I can actually turn on and off the WiFi, but I can't turn on or off bluetooth, so that means I'll end up with bluetooth being activated while not allowed to do so while on flying machines (you know, 747 Qantas international jets flight, etc...)

The only way I can do it is to uninstall the driver and reinstall it in some way (I had to try to do it many times), but it was only effective until the next reboot, then it stopped working. I don't want to have to keep on reinstalling the driver

Please help

More about : bluetooth

a c 352 $ Windows 7
December 27, 2010 3:22:04 PM

If your bluetooth hardware is being finikey with it's controlls, disable it in device manager. Don't unisntall it, just disable it. You can also try to check for new drivers for your system that may help you to keep it off in the software options for it.
m
l
December 27, 2010 8:34:14 PM

Can't find updated software for it. The driver came with the computer and I have never reinstalled the computer. If I disable it will it continue to transmit a signal of any sort?
m
l
Related resources
a c 352 $ Windows 7
December 27, 2010 8:43:49 PM

edmond419 said:
Can't find updated software for it. The driver came with the computer and I have never reinstalled the computer. If I disable it will it continue to transmit a signal of any sort?

Should not have any communication from it after disabeling it.
m
l
December 27, 2010 9:00:44 PM

ok, thank you

and wow, you get on the computer for long hours...and monitor threads
m
l
December 27, 2010 9:27:24 PM

I can't update the driver though...says its already the latest one

I got Bluetooth 3.0
m
l