Tmpgenc and codecs

I have been using trial versions og this software plus Morgan Codecs
to produce SVCDs to play on my DVD player. This works OK BUT the
tmpgenc trial period for mpeg-2 has run out as has Morgan's trial
period.

My use of the software is sufficiently limited ( especially Tmpgenc
which offers lots of options for serious users) that I find it hard to
justify buying them.

Do any members of this group know of alternative software which does
the job with same quality and is cheaper or better , free?

Thanks

Myles
Myles

Remove 123 from e-mail address

Myles wrote:

> I have been using trial versions og this software plus Morgan Codecs
> to produce SVCDs to play on my DVD player. This works OK BUT the
> tmpgenc trial period for mpeg-2 has run out as has Morgan's trial
> period.
>
> My use of the software is sufficiently limited ( especially Tmpgenc
> which offers lots of options for serious users) that I find it hard to
> justify buying them.
>
> Do any members of this group know of alternative software which does
> the job with same quality and is cheaper or better , free?
>
> Thanks
>
> Myles
> Myles
>
> Remove 123 from e-mail address

just buy the registration code for TMPGENC its worth it(the best)