Why use S-Video instead of RCA jack?

TC wrote:

> I have a yellow RCA jack and s-video. Why use one over the other?

http://nfg.2y.net/games/ntsc/video2.png

S-video prevents artifacts such as dot crawl. Take the "video2.png"
off of the above URL to read more about it if you're interested.

-WD

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:48:11 GMT, "TC" <metrotex30@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have a yellow RCA jack and s-video. Why use one over the other?

svideo should feed a better quality of signal compared to the signal
from a rca jack.

BUT

only if the machine feeding the signal is feeding a true svideo
signal.

TC

Will Dormann wrote:

> TC wrote:
>
> > I have a yellow RCA jack and s-video. Why use one over the other?
>

> http://nfg.2y.net/games/ntsc/video2.png
>
> S-video prevents artifacts such as dot crawl. Take the "video2.png"
> off of the above URL to read more about it if you're interested.
>

> -WD

Thanks!