Ade

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

I have managed to capture successfully a VHS video to my
Sony Laptop hard drive, however, I am not able to
transfer and write to DVD. I am using software programs
Sonic My DVD and even the Sony " Click To DVD". I Think
the file is too big for a 4.7GB disc. How do
you "shrink " the file to allow to burn to disc? does
anyone know?

Youll need to run it thru an encoder to change its properties,try windows
encoder 9 series,convert the vhs video 1st,then use other software to
write to dvd.

"ade" wrote:

> I have managed to capture successfully a VHS video to my
> Sony Laptop hard drive, however, I am not able to
> transfer and write to DVD. I am using software programs
> Sonic My DVD and even the Sony " Click To DVD". I Think
> the file is too big for a 4.7GB disc. How do
> you "shrink " the file to allow to burn to disc? does
> anyone know?

Sonic should also do this. DOes it import the captured video ok? or does it
not allow you to import it? If not, what file type is teh video file.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media