unable to "update" or "refresh" serverlist

Last response: in Video Games
June 9, 2005 12:23:24 AM

For a few days now i'm unable to do an update or refresh from my
serverlist.
Both functions resulted in clearing the whole list of servers and the only
thing that remains are my favorites.
Al my games of half-life have the same problem.
Does anybody know what is going on???
Many thanx in advance.
June 9, 2005 3:46:16 AM

"Frankyboy" <frankyboy@thuis.nl> wrote in message
> For a few days now i'm unable to do an update or refresh from my
> serverlist.
> Both functions resulted in clearing the whole list of servers and the only
> thing that remains are my favorites.
> Al my games of half-life have the same problem.
> Does anybody know what is going on???
> Many thanx in advance.

Not something I know much about but have you tried Steampowered.com? Lots
of support given there and lots of help with servers - for example

http://tinyurl.com/7v6db
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 5:45:59 AM

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:23:24 +0000 (UTC), Frankyboy
<frankyboy@thuis.nl> wrote:

>For a few days now i'm unable to do an update or refresh from my
>serverlist.
>Both functions resulted in clearing the whole list of servers and the only
>thing that remains are my favorites.
>Al my games of half-life have the same problem.
>Does anybody know what is going on???
>Many thanx in advance.

Could it be that you have something in the server filters that's
filtering everything out?

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org
Anonymous

"Steve Evans" <no@spam> wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:23:24 +0000 (UTC), Frankyboy
> <frankyboy@thuis.nl> wrote:
>
>>For a few days now i'm unable to do an update or refresh from my
>>serverlist.
>>Both functions resulted in clearing the whole list of servers and the only
>>thing that remains are my favorites.
>>Al my games of half-life have the same problem.
>>Does anybody know what is going on???
>>Many thanx in advance.
>
> Could it be that you have something in the server filters that's
> filtering everything out?
>
> --
> steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

I believe this issue is the result of a corrupted serverbrowser.vdf and a
corrupted masterserver.vdf.

They are in your config folder which is in your steam folder. Delete them
and they will reset when you start steam again.

This is also discussed in the steampowered forums.

Let us know.

WS
!