Saving a Movie

January 11, 2005 6:39:04 PM

I have a 2.5 hour movie created, with lots of music, movie clips and photos
included. It is 1200+ MB, and I'm wondering how long (realistically) it
should take to save. I started to save it, but after an hour and a half, it
was at 8% complete, and said it had 1136 minutes left. This seems absurd to
me, even with a large file. Help would be much appreciated... Thanks

More about : saving movie

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:32:46 AM

This is really an impossible question to answer with the amount of
information that you have provided.

If you're saving in DV-AVI format you can expect the final file to be in the
30Gb size range. However you do not tell us the specs of your PC, the speed
of your CPU, the amount of RAM, the speed of the hard drives and what other
processes are running in the background.

Leave it running overnight and see how it goes.
www.coribright.com

!