TCP/IP Video Camera - Is There Such A Thing?

I am looking for a video camera that I can plug directly into a local area
network and have it transmit a live video signal to a remote location over a
wide area network link (T1). Preferably, the camera would not plug into the
USB port on a computer but can be assigned a TCP/IP address directly on the
network.

Does anyone know of video cameras that work this way?

Thanks,

Mark
3 answers Last reply
More about video camera thing

    http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=2&pid=350
    peter
    "Mark Hatfield" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a video camera that I can plug directly into a local area
    > network and have it transmit a live video signal to a remote location over a
    > wide area network link (T1). Preferably, the camera would not plug into the
    > USB port on a computer but can be assigned a TCP/IP address directly on the
    > network.
    >
    > Does anyone know of video cameras that work this way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    There are alot of different ethernet cams made by all the major companies.
    There are also wireless ones if you are using a wireless network.

    "peter" <peter@nomalarky.ca> wrote in message
    > http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=2&pid=350
    > peter
    > "Mark Hatfield" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>I am looking for a video camera that I can plug directly into a local area
    >> network and have it transmit a live video signal to a remote location
    >> over a
    >> wide area network link (T1). Preferably, the camera would not plug into
    >> the
    >> USB port on a computer but can be assigned a TCP/IP address directly on
    >> the
    >> network.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of video cameras that work this way?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mark

    Yes, I think the Panasonic video camera might work with whatever you are
    planning on using it for. It's more of a network security camera. Sorry if
    I can't be more specific on the model. I just know it's by Panasonic. Oh,
    and it's pretty clear and easy to set up!!!!

    ~AeOnFLuXx707

    "Mark Hatfield" wrote:

    > I am looking for a video camera that I can plug directly into a local area
    > network and have it transmit a live video signal to a remote location over a
    > wide area network link (T1). Preferably, the camera would not plug into the
    > USB port on a computer but can be assigned a TCP/IP address directly on the
    > network.
    >
    > Does anyone know of video cameras that work this way?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

Video Cameras TCP/IP Windows XP