How to Set Up a Security Key for a Wireless Network
1. Click on the "Start" button, which is found on the task bar at the bottom of your desktop, whether or not you have other applications open or closed. The button will be represented by a blue Windows icon on PCs running Windows 7.
2. Choose the "Control Panel" option from the resulting pop-up menu. The "Control Panel" option is likely found to the right of your choices.
3. Select "Network and Internet" from the resulting menu of options. Sort your options by name if you have a difficult time sorting through all the options. This is accomplished by clicking on "Name" near the top of your window. Click on "Network and Sharing." On some computers, you may be able to just click "Network and Sharing" directly from the "Control Panel."
4. Click on "Manage wireless networks" from the "Tasks" list, which is found in the blue-green bar to the left.
5. Double-click on the wireless network for which you want to set up a security key. The resulting open window shows two tabs. Choose the "Security" tab.
6. Enter your preferred key or pass-phrase into the type-in box next to "Network security key."